Bear Necessities

Monday, June 26, 2006

Everyone Else Is Doing It

Things of note: As it has been raining for the better part of 3 days I'm starting work on the ark. I'm going to stray from the formula of 2 of every creature and just go for loading family, friends and their pets on to this baby. That will be enough to clean up after, thank you very much. That's always been my big question for Noah: How the heck did you manage all that manure? Or was that an unrecorded miracle?

Since the weekend was pretty much drowned it turned out a lot quieter than planned. Friday was a nice healthy walk/gripe session with Jill followed by running errands and then seeing the family Reisse and their newish daughter Charlotte (hereafter known as The Smooshie). They were even so brave as to let me babysit for an hour! The Smooshie has stellar timing as she stopped crying when Mommy called and again when the folks came home. I think they might even let me do it again!

Saturday was supposed to be the annual Monie b-day picnic, but since sugar melts and most of those invited were quite nice the festivities were postponed until after the birthday grrl gets back from Portugal next month. Instead the day was filled with various domestic duties and playing with the inhabitants of my zoo: Jewel, Hickory and Cabott (the bunnies); PJ the couch potato guinea pig; and of course Callie the wonder cat.

Excitement came in the form of Buster. Connie is puppy sitting what may be the most decrepit dog I have ever heard of so she had to find someone to look after her problem child cat Buster. I have first shift this week and some other lucky person gets him on Thursday. Buster is a beautiful black and white short haired male. Buster also has a personality disorder which I was warned about but did not fully comprehend until his Mommy left. Of course Callie was not happy about the house guest, so after a lot of hissing we decided that the cats would have to take turns having the run of the apartment. Buster was given the guest suite (spare bathroom) and Callie would be in my bedroom when he was out.

Buster is a very vocal cat. Buster cried non-stop until 3 AM when I gave him some Rescue Remedy to chill him out. Enter Buster's new arch- enemy: The Green Towel. What? You think I was going to do it with my bare hands? Buster cried no matter where he was or what he was doing. Buster almost went out the window that night.

Sunday morning was free time as my breakfast date decided he was Harry Houdini and vanished off the face of the earth (I think my guardian angel may actually be a hitman). Callie was asleep on my bed so I let Buster out to roam around. I scratched his head and cheeks to much purring and happiness. We were getting along quite well as I made my cereal then went to sit on the couch. Buster played with his feather for a bit, took a lap around the living room, then jumped up on the couch bit me painfully and ran away. Like I said, personality disorder. For the rest of the morning it was alternating between crying and hissing. Oh goody!

Have I mentioned my cat is great? If I wasn't sure before I certainly am now! Sunday evening I did escape for a few hours to see The DaVince code with Monie. A much better movie than the reviews would have you believe, I was pleasantly surprised.

It may not have been an overly active weekend, but it definitely was interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home