Bear Necessities

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Full of Sound and Fury

Yesterday was an exciting day of dodging the lakes that this rain has created where roads used to be. Happily I did not have to paddle my car out of any. Once safely home I started dinner and let Buster the Psycho Kitty out for his evening run of the apartment. He's a very talkative cat, and aside from mistaking my leg for a scratching post he was very well behaved. Since he was calm this seemed like the perfect time to cut his nails (I'd told Connie I'd try). So I got out the Evil Green Towel and had Buster on his back in my lap in no time. Not a happy kitty, though the towel was only draped over his tummy and he could have escaped if he really tried. You'd think he was going to rip my face off as he growled, spit and hissed! But for all his menacing he was very well behaved and I didn't get a scratch. Of course I couldn't resist the opportunity to kiss him on the head and tell him he was a vicious creature in mocking tones. Once clipped he slunk into a corner and glared at me, refusing to purr (or run away) when I came over to scratch his head. By bed time all was forgiven...after all it wasn't me. It was the Evil Green Towel that put the dent in his dignity. I love cats, they make little sense but they are great to have around.

Around 1 AM the symphony began...Buster would cry every so often, followed by Cabott's hearty thump. I don't need children, I have these jokers. I found myself in the den telling Cab to chill and petting Buster's head telling him to shut up and go to bed. Meanwhile Callie looked at me like, "I'm the good one, right?" So clinching the fact that I can't become the crazy cat lady because one is quite enough.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Monika Kruemmling said…

    it's true, you;ll never be the Crazy Cat Lady. for a while, I was pretty sureyou were shooting for the title of Crazy Bunny Lady though. :) personally, I think you should be the Crazy Monie Lady.
    much love!
    M

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    Well duh...I'm already the crazy Monie lady!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home