Bear Necessities

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

2 States, 2 Days, 3 Diners

Another fun filled weekend has come and gone. This one had the added perk of a surprise (to me at least) visit from Frank's parents so I got to meet his dad. That man is a riot. Now, I spent every lunch period of my 8th grade year making one of my friends snarf iced tea out of her nose at least once so I feel I have some talent in this area, but Frank's dad is a master. At breakfast on Sunday he managed at different moments to get both Megan and Frank to snarf coffee. I bow to his skill.

So Saturday I grabbed a picnic basket and headed into the city where Frank and I enjoyed the lovely weather on his building's roof. I have to admit, 30 stories up is a neat vantage point. After lunch was watching the pilot episode of Twin Peaks and waiting to hear from his Mom about dinner. We ended up in Cherry Hill about 9:30 and waiting on Megan and John's front steps for a few minutes since we beat them home. As Megan put it, we looked like little kids locked out of the house. Hee hee.

Dinner was the Cherry Hill Diner and lots of story telling which always a favorite of mine. I love hearing other peoples tales. Soon it was time for us to go though, there was dancing to be done back in the city. Tentative plans for breakfast were made and we headed out.

The Gaian Mind crew did a phenomenal job of decorating their new monthly venue, the DJs were great and I finally got to hear Mel spin so I was tickled pink. We were happy, silly and sweaty until 2 AM when they turned on the lights and we went home to pass out.

Sunday morning we were back in Cherry Hill, this time for breakfast at the Silver Diner. A little more expensive than the other, but in my opinion better food. This was the site of the snarfing and more laughter. I have to say Frank's family laughs a lot and are really neat people. After lunch we headed back to Philly, we had tickets for the Star Wars exhibit at the Franklin Institute.

The exhibit was really neat and after we caught the IMAX movie on the building of the international space station. I don't know if it was the motion of the movie combined with my stuffiness or Tom Cruise's narration, but I found myself feeling queasy and having to close my eyes now and again. Still, it was pretty interesting.

And since we'd manage to do diners all weekend I couldn't bring myself to break the streak: We went to the Midtown for dinner.

Life is full of laughter these days...I'm quite the lucky girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home