Bear Necessities

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Round and Round We Go

It is Tuesday morning, the second Tuesday of the start of 10 hour days. I'm telling myself this is getting easier, but man it's hard to get up! By Thursday I feel like the walking dead!

This weekend was a whirlwind of meeting people and dancing...so much fun. On Friday Con and I hit the gym then got her costume together for a party on Saturday. Friday night I picked up Frank and we headed to Cherry Hill to see his sister and brother-in-law and visit with sister Betsy and her family who were in from Tennessee. We got the happy news that they were expecting again so there were many smiles, though Megan had purchased wine in anticipation of Betsy drinking so we felt it our duty to pick up the slack.

I got to meet the famous Audrey, Frank's near 1 year old niece. Oh my word that is a cute kid! She even flirts...and apparently has spent too much time with the dog because there is video of her begging for food at the table. That will come in handy when she starts dating. Anyhow, very sweet little thing with big, beautiful eyes. She's already a heart breaker.

We chatted the night away, with Frank, Megan, cousin Ryan and I being the last ones standing. It was decided that a bed sounded better than a couch so I took the fuzzy and sleepy Frank home around 2.

Saturday was Phoenix Rising...oh so much fun even if it wasn't at the warehouse. Connie joined us and made a few new friends...among them Justin who was quite the entertaining welcoming committee. Lynn helped me get her out on the dance floor and all in all I think she had a good time. Monday morning she was all a chatter about the costumes, it was adorable.



Frank made what I have to say is my favorite of his costumes, for reasons of my own. It was visually simple, though not simply constructed: Red velvet wings strung with EL wire. He glowed! As for me, I went with a Grecian look and had a lot of fun with my ribbon.












We gave Connie horns and a tail and she ran with the goth look proving once again that guys seem to like vampires...or I guess demons in this case.

And happily there was fire spinning. We were wondering how they'd pull it off at Shampoo, but they did and the vibe totally relaxed once the fire came out. These people are so easy to be around it's amazing.

Sunday was a lazy day of movies and relaxing until it was finally time to head home. This week is looking fun with the promise of Frank time, snuggling, a Monie date and a mini girl's night. So now it is back to sifting through the office files and trying not to brush up against we paint. Paramount hasn't finished with the shop yet it seems...I think we may have bricked in all of Massachusetts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home