Bear Necessities

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Life Lessons

I'm going to see my parents in New Mexico this weekend...let the insanity begin! Of course I have a million and one things to do between now and my plane leaving. And I WILL get them done. One thing I'd like to do is have longer hair...but as extensions take time and money I don't have, this is one goal I am forced to admit won't happen short of a miracle. That said...

I woke up at 4:55 this morning and decided to get some things accomplished since I was vaguely conscious. Here comes the life lesson part: 5 AM is a bad time to make decisions about your hair. Frustrated at its wild streak this morning I decided to cut my bangs...never a good idea. I managed to camouflage the affected area then decided to take out the trash. Funny thing about the door to my building, it seems to trap water a lot like a bucket. So a wet, unhappy me trudged out into the rain with her trash and came back in for shower #2.

By 6 I was pretty much done all I could do short of vacuuming (don't need the neighbors to hate me) so I decided to head to work early and do some odds and ends on the way. Ha! Between spontaneous lake formations from the rain and an accident it took me an hour to get to work. I did get to drive down some new roads though, so that was a nice change. Tally: Day 3, Liz 0 but I'm not giving in just yet! Assuming my shirt doesn't shrink I'm putting laundry in the win column. Yes, I'm doing laundry at work...have I mentioned I love my job?

But it will all be worth it once I'm on the plane. I have a weekend of hiking, museum going and horseracing ahead of me -along with some quality time with Mom and Dad and hopefully my aunt and uncle. And it isn't raining there...yet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home