The Never Ending Tuesday
Well, hopefully it's done now, but I'm not going to spit in the wind and think I'm staying dry.
So Wednesday I came in to work to discover MY computer was fried. After giving up on my own technical talent I spent the rest of the morning on the phone with Tye from Dell. Tye and I concurred that it was a memory issue, but we couldn't see if it was memory chip, or mother board memory. He sent me out restore and diagnostic CDs that day.
Thursday I squealed in delight at the sight of the DHL guy who had these CDs for me. Tye and I had another coffee date that morning and ascertained that it was the memory chip itself that was fried. How fun to spend 20 minutes laying on the floor under my desk! So Tye was sending me a new chip. Whee!
Weight Watchers was quiet without Jill, but I lost a pound so whoo hoo.
Friday the new memory came for my computer, and once it was in things went fairly smoothly. I spent the rest of the day reinstalling all the software I needed on the thing. Week over!
Noooooooo. On my way home my car started having some shifting issues, so it goes into the shop tomorrow where hopefully they can fix it the same day (pretty please!). In the meantime I'm driving a Chevy Cobalt...weird little car.
And in happier news, I had lunch with Connie and Will at Connie's favorite sushi place yesterday. It was pretty darned good too!
Fingers crossed that Tuesday has finally passed!
So Wednesday I came in to work to discover MY computer was fried. After giving up on my own technical talent I spent the rest of the morning on the phone with Tye from Dell. Tye and I concurred that it was a memory issue, but we couldn't see if it was memory chip, or mother board memory. He sent me out restore and diagnostic CDs that day.
Thursday I squealed in delight at the sight of the DHL guy who had these CDs for me. Tye and I had another coffee date that morning and ascertained that it was the memory chip itself that was fried. How fun to spend 20 minutes laying on the floor under my desk! So Tye was sending me a new chip. Whee!
Weight Watchers was quiet without Jill, but I lost a pound so whoo hoo.
Friday the new memory came for my computer, and once it was in things went fairly smoothly. I spent the rest of the day reinstalling all the software I needed on the thing. Week over!
Noooooooo. On my way home my car started having some shifting issues, so it goes into the shop tomorrow where hopefully they can fix it the same day (pretty please!). In the meantime I'm driving a Chevy Cobalt...weird little car.
And in happier news, I had lunch with Connie and Will at Connie's favorite sushi place yesterday. It was pretty darned good too!
Fingers crossed that Tuesday has finally passed!

1 Comments:
At 10:43 AM,
Monika Kruemmling said…
yes, enough with the Tuesday juju! a week's worth fo Tuesdays is certainly too much!
Post a Comment
<< Home