Bear Necessities

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sigh

I spent last night being sad.

I went out looking for something to put Drew's comics in. I finally found something simple, but appropriate. And I found a little carving that seems to express my mood about perfectly.

Then I went home reread the last few books, had it really been that long since he'd published? Then in my morbid mood I braved "The Letters". I think that's the first time I cried about this. I ran through the "I shouldas", was a little ticked that he didn't take better care of himself...and then figured he'd probably have liked that he went out while still drawing instead of just fading away, at least professionally. But then I thought about Mary, how he wouldn't be there for her prom or to walk her down the isle...

I rarely get the urge for a cigarette these days, but damn if I didn't want one last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home