Bear Necessities

Monday, July 23, 2007

Reset

You know, I've been joking about moving back to this apartment being like hitting the reset button on my life, but things seem to be going quite well (cue lightning).

So after my oh so wonderful visit with Dr. S on Friday I noodled around the house a bit, then Monie came over and we headed to the bike shop to look for a new helmet. This was also the local for the jacket odyssey, so the guy we were working with on the helmet knew us. And I think he thought we were a couple, which I found fun. Monie found a kick ass helmet and then we headed grocery shopping after a bite at BK (because you can't go to the store hungry, you buy weird things).

Interestingly enough, the salad I had at BK had the same effect on me that their burgers do later that evening-which is why I never do beef at BK. Of course, it could have been the milkshake...

With our pantries stocked once more, Monie headed off to her evening's events and I headed to chez Reisse for some fun with the family. We all caught up, watched the nursing acrobatics of Charlotte (truly amazing) and managed to laugh a good bit. And I ended the evening with way too much time on the phone, but for the most part very good conversation.

Saturday was an impromptu trip to Zerns with Bill and Connie. I managed to find a door knob for the front screen door, something entertaining to put into Monty's care package and a statue of Don Quixote that was too interesting to pass up. And Zerns is always great for people watching, so it proved amusing as well...no where in the universe should a 1' x 1' block of scrapple exist.

Saturday night was the star watching party in Valley Forge Park. F came along and it was really a nice evening. We caught dinner at New Delhi in the city (yummy) then headed to the park. There were some really neat toys out there, one telescope was synced to a laptop so it could be programed with coordinates. The owner was tracking satellites and it even had a laser site on it so you could see the spot the scope was following (or at least it's area). We also got a look at Jupiter, Polaris, moon craters and a few constellations.

As we were contemplating leaving a nice older gentleman came up and asked what we'd seen and if we'd seen the Coat Hanger. He pointed out the Teapot (which was more like its name than some of them) then put his binoculars around my neck and described where the Coat Hanger was...I admit to being geeked that I was able to follow his directions and find it. F had less luck, but enthusiastically told the man that I had seen it when he asked.

We left around 11 and headed back into the city, thinking we would call it an early night...we were unsuccessful. We ended up talking in front of his building until 2 AM...and that is in no way a complaint!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Monika Kruemmling said…

    glad to hear your star-gazing went well! and what a beautiful night for it, too. I bet you're all smiles today...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home