Bear Necessities

Monday, July 16, 2007

Medical Update

Wow, now that is a serious blog title! And yet, accurate.

Friday was my echo cardiogram and leg ultrasound to follow up on the clot issue. I'll get the result of the echo on Friday when I see Dr. S, but the ultrasound looked clear...whoo hoo! The tech that did it was the same one I'd had in the hospital so I got some insider info. Plus I can read a vascular ultrasound thanks to my years at KGL. Ah the hidden skills you didn't know you'd use!

Unfortunately I've no clue on the echo. It's a heart, it's beating, sounds kinda cool. Other than that I'm lost. To be honest I'm not worried about my heart so much, which I realize is kind of odd. I look at it this way: A clot will kill me and I'll need to be on blood thinners forever; A stretched out heart valve is just something to live with and be aware of.

Jill was sweet and came with me for the appointments, and it was nice to have the company. We even managed a walk in between tests. I passed Dr. Star (my back surgeon) in the hallway at one point. Funny how you can recognize someone in a poofy blue shower cap. Anyhow, I said hi, he looked vaguely confused as he said hello back, then perked up as he recognized me. I have this horrible feeling that I've traumatized that man with my clottiness. Ah well.

Jill and I did a little shopping after all was said and done. Then Dan collected her for Harry Potter and I went to pick up the recurring house guest for the weekend. We grabbed dinner then he did some shopping at Old Navy where I found Jill the black flip flops she'd been needing. Entertainingly, he tried to buy them, thinking they were for me. I told him there was no need for him to purchase flip flops for my friends. We watched Team America: World Police (no comment) and called it a night.

Saturday was finding him a rental car then I pretty much had the day to myself. Got some odds and ends done and then did some shopping for the apartment and myself. Sunday was returning the car and meandering around Skippack. Neat little town, found the best shop for opal and amber jewelry, so that's dangerous. We got lunch then I took him back to base. I caught up with Connie for dinner, met the infamous George and called it a weekend.

Tonight I have Dan, Jill and Adam coming over for games and what not...my first little gathering in the new place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home