Stasis
No progress on the unpacking. It's looking like it will be Thursday before things are settled in. I'm not complaining though, I'm enjoying my guest. It has been a very long time since I've come home to someone. It was very odd to call yesterday and see if I needed to pick up anything on the way home. My guest made the same comment. And even better, I look forward to it. He's been there since Saturday and it still doesn't feel like an intrusion. It's going to be quiet when he leaves tomorrow. It's nice having a friend around.
So of course in my quest to be a good hostess I've not wanted to ignore my company. Last night he helped Will get a desk upstairs. I introduced them and then they silently moved the thing. Typical boys. Will was funny, once he realized how beat up the piece was he offered to make me a nicer one for my birthday. It was a very sweet offer, but I'm just using it as a dry sink (what it was originally) in the kitchen and it happens to match a piece Dan and Jill left me nicely.
Much to my surprise my guest not only made the bed, but did a little cleaning as well. I've offered to give him the house boy position in all seriousness now, but he still feels his skills are needed in the military. Go figure.
So later in the evening there was mini golf and the hilarity that follows. And now it is Tuesday, and it seems all the snags of the morning have been fixed. Whoo hoo!
And a belated happy birthday to Miss Jill!
So of course in my quest to be a good hostess I've not wanted to ignore my company. Last night he helped Will get a desk upstairs. I introduced them and then they silently moved the thing. Typical boys. Will was funny, once he realized how beat up the piece was he offered to make me a nicer one for my birthday. It was a very sweet offer, but I'm just using it as a dry sink (what it was originally) in the kitchen and it happens to match a piece Dan and Jill left me nicely.
Much to my surprise my guest not only made the bed, but did a little cleaning as well. I've offered to give him the house boy position in all seriousness now, but he still feels his skills are needed in the military. Go figure.
So later in the evening there was mini golf and the hilarity that follows. And now it is Tuesday, and it seems all the snags of the morning have been fixed. Whoo hoo!
And a belated happy birthday to Miss Jill!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home