Bear Necessities

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Alive!

Okay, the living room walls and ceiling are done, the window trim has been painted and just needs a detail and the doors to the closet have been painted. I even caulked the tub! Tonight I may stop by after the game and put the air conditioners in the living room and bedroom, we shall see. I have a feeling that I'm just going to sleep all of Sunday.

Last night I did get to see Charles though. I'm glad I did, and was mildly surprised that I got teary. We went out for a drink, which was awkward. The bar was pretty empty and allowed smoking, which I have gotten used to not being the case. The guy next to Charles was a tattoo artist that had been one of his competitors when he was working in the area, so that was weird. Plus he quite drinking and the only non-alcoholic beer they had was something from Old Milwaukee.

Okay, admittedly I have little experience with OM. I remember it as a white trash beer of choice from my youth. Apparently the non-alcoholic version was much like the regular...no particularly good. But then I also don't get the point on near-beer so who knows.

So there was a sniffy goodbye at the end of the evening, followed up this morning with a quick chat about how it was okay to be sniffy. As I said to Ms. Lydia, it's funny how we get attached to people.

Tonight is for me and for fun, so if I meet with success I should have some fireworks pictures for you tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home