Bear Necessities

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Friday Night

Friday night was the Asia concert with Don. I'll say this for him, he's definitely helping me get my classic rock on. We met at the Keswick at 6 and wandered to the Chinese place down the block for dinner. It used to be really great. Now it is just okay, and the bathrooms...beyond frightening. Anyhow, the company was great as always and it looks like we are going to the Philly's game this Thursday, then taking pictures of the fireworks after. Should be fun.

The concert was amazing. It was the 4 original members, who have each worked with great bands as well so there was a lot of material from their first album along with some Yes, King Crimson, Emerson, Lake and Palmer and even that MTV anthem "Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles.

Before the show we ran into one of Don's clients so after introductions they went on to talk lawyer stuff for a bit. Then Rhonda turned to me and said (hopefully), "You aren't a lawyer too are you?" At which point Don, bless his heart, excitedly says, "She has the coolest job!" How could I ask for a better introduction? Her husband joined us and was likewise happy to hear I wasn't a lawyer like his wife and Don.

After the concert we made our way through the crowd and as we cut our way through an isle a woman yelled out to me, "How was your Chinese?" I said fine and she replied that she thought she recognized me. I have no idea who this woman was or why she noticed me in the restaurant, but it was creepy.

So ended a rather enjoyable day. I went home and passed out knowing there was a lot more work to be done in my weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home