When Life Gives You Lemons...
...Make lemonade.
But what do you do when life pelts you with them?!!!
It was an interesting weekend, of mostly good things. Friday was the Wizard World comic convention, otherwise know as Dan's Birthday Bonanza. It was a small bonanza, since I was the only sidekick, but it was fun. We wandered around, I bought things I didn't need but wanted anyway (who can pass up swords?). I also picked up a neat piece of artwork titled "The Dragon, the Fish and the Cookie that came between their love." It's way cuter than it has any right to be, much like my My Little Cuthulu shirt.
After the con I dropped Dan off then headed to dinner with Clan Reisse, Monie, Connie and Ian. Ian was the reason for the gathering, as he was in town from Maryland and we hadn't seen him in about a year. The Smooshie was our social director, walking around the entire restaurant making people wave and blowing kisses. Too adorable.
After dinner I headed home, chatted with a friend until 4:30 AM and then passed out. Saturday I went over to see the family Reisse again because we really didn't have much of a chance to catch up the night before. I ended up there for dinner, after which I was pretty tired-not as young as I used to be it seems-so I begged off on a movie with Connie and went home to do some packing and napping...neither of which happened.
I ended up talking to a friend again, and he was having a bad night so I took him out for tea...and got home at 5 AM. I think this cements that the days of the all nighter are over for me.
Sunday I slept in as much as I could, ran some errands and talked to Dad and was getting ready to head to Don's for gaming fun when I got a call from Connie. That girl has the worse Car Karma ever. So I headed out to rescue her after letting Don know I'd be missing another gathering...and feeling like a bit of a schmuck. But now Con has AAA so hopefully this will chase away the car goblins.
And this brings us to today...and the pelting...went to bed around 10, woke up with a screaming migraine. Once I could finally get my butt out of bed I medicated and staggered to work with my thumb in my eye. Oh, and there is this disturbing bruise on my leg...about the size of a lemon, raised and rather blue. And hurts like hell if even my pants brush against it, so between the pain and fearing I'd knick it and die there was no leg shaving this morning. Good thing I have a dr's appointment this evening, hairly legs and all.
So there you have it: Pelted by lemons and trying to keep up with the juicing. There are other lemon issues, but we can chalk them up to boys being idiots which is not anything new so I wasn't really surprised.
But what do you do when life pelts you with them?!!!
It was an interesting weekend, of mostly good things. Friday was the Wizard World comic convention, otherwise know as Dan's Birthday Bonanza. It was a small bonanza, since I was the only sidekick, but it was fun. We wandered around, I bought things I didn't need but wanted anyway (who can pass up swords?). I also picked up a neat piece of artwork titled "The Dragon, the Fish and the Cookie that came between their love." It's way cuter than it has any right to be, much like my My Little Cuthulu shirt.
After the con I dropped Dan off then headed to dinner with Clan Reisse, Monie, Connie and Ian. Ian was the reason for the gathering, as he was in town from Maryland and we hadn't seen him in about a year. The Smooshie was our social director, walking around the entire restaurant making people wave and blowing kisses. Too adorable.
After dinner I headed home, chatted with a friend until 4:30 AM and then passed out. Saturday I went over to see the family Reisse again because we really didn't have much of a chance to catch up the night before. I ended up there for dinner, after which I was pretty tired-not as young as I used to be it seems-so I begged off on a movie with Connie and went home to do some packing and napping...neither of which happened.
I ended up talking to a friend again, and he was having a bad night so I took him out for tea...and got home at 5 AM. I think this cements that the days of the all nighter are over for me.
Sunday I slept in as much as I could, ran some errands and talked to Dad and was getting ready to head to Don's for gaming fun when I got a call from Connie. That girl has the worse Car Karma ever. So I headed out to rescue her after letting Don know I'd be missing another gathering...and feeling like a bit of a schmuck. But now Con has AAA so hopefully this will chase away the car goblins.
And this brings us to today...and the pelting...went to bed around 10, woke up with a screaming migraine. Once I could finally get my butt out of bed I medicated and staggered to work with my thumb in my eye. Oh, and there is this disturbing bruise on my leg...about the size of a lemon, raised and rather blue. And hurts like hell if even my pants brush against it, so between the pain and fearing I'd knick it and die there was no leg shaving this morning. Good thing I have a dr's appointment this evening, hairly legs and all.
So there you have it: Pelted by lemons and trying to keep up with the juicing. There are other lemon issues, but we can chalk them up to boys being idiots which is not anything new so I wasn't really surprised.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home