Bear Necessities

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Life is Interesting...

...and I don't mean that with any sarcasm at all for a change! Monie and a friend are MCing a talent show next month, with the winner getting $1000 to go to the charity of their choice. It's a good cause and sounds like a lot of fun. Sadly I won't be able to attend but I did get a sneak preview last night.

As MCs they needed pictures taken for a write up so I was very flattered when Monie asked if I would do it. Last night we trouped to her friend's amazing loft in the city to take the shots. He answered the door in a stunning sequined gown and the hottest metallic tangerine sandals! Oh, did I mention they are doing this in drag?

After some primping (getting various body parts that shouldn't be prominent smushed down and gluing on side burns) we headed to the roof. I have to give the guy credit, for someone who was not comfortable at all in women's clothes he pulled it off well. I think the humor and good cause helped with that. Monie was comfy with her role as Buck Wilde, almost a country western version of her Danny Zuko. If I had to compare them to famous people I'd say she looked like a short, blond Hugh Jackman and he reminded me of Mila Jovovich (but that could have been the glasses).

Once we were done our femme fatale got out of his evil panty hose and took us for a drink. Much to my surprise he too knew the joy of being on blood thinners (I was beginning to think I was the only person in the area under 80 that had this fun) so we compared notes a little, the 3 of us talked a bit about civil union vs marriage and had a few laughs on top of the sober subjects.

All in all, it was a unique evening and a very, very enjoyable one. And to satisfy your curiosity, here is one of my favorite shots:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home