Not Quite There
Wednesday was an adventure for multiple reasons. Con and I made a deal to go to Home Depot and Friendly's, and managed to get Andrew to join us for dinner even though he'd eaten already. He was there when I arrived, but Con was missing. She called shortly to say her car had an issue (really bad car karma there) so I headed off to collect her and Andrew went to keep an appointment at the gym.
Connie and I did dinner then checked on her car, which decided to behave. I headed home, then didn't feel like packing so I called Andrew to see if he was in for the night, and if not would he like to go for a walk? He was game, but we wandered around his neighborhood since he'd focused on his legs at the gym and if he collapsed I'd have a shorter way to drag his butt home.
It was a great night for walking, warm but not too sticky. I even spied a toad in the grass (one of my favorite creatures) and managed to catch it, call attention to it's cuteness and let it go before it decided to pee. A small victory, but a victory none the less. So there was good conversation, some wildlife exploration and exercise-all good things. After a bit though we were both having some soreness in the lower extremities so we headed back to his place, then I headed home. Once in the care I realized we'd walked for over an hour.
Thursday dawned and and my right leg was not happy at all! Muscles that weren't accustomed to being used for that length of time since before my little mishap were very sore, but at least I now have proof they still exist! So yes, I over did it, but it was fun. And this morning I'm pain free so nothing foolish was done. Next time I think we'll take a shorter route.
Connie and I did dinner then checked on her car, which decided to behave. I headed home, then didn't feel like packing so I called Andrew to see if he was in for the night, and if not would he like to go for a walk? He was game, but we wandered around his neighborhood since he'd focused on his legs at the gym and if he collapsed I'd have a shorter way to drag his butt home.
It was a great night for walking, warm but not too sticky. I even spied a toad in the grass (one of my favorite creatures) and managed to catch it, call attention to it's cuteness and let it go before it decided to pee. A small victory, but a victory none the less. So there was good conversation, some wildlife exploration and exercise-all good things. After a bit though we were both having some soreness in the lower extremities so we headed back to his place, then I headed home. Once in the care I realized we'd walked for over an hour.
Thursday dawned and and my right leg was not happy at all! Muscles that weren't accustomed to being used for that length of time since before my little mishap were very sore, but at least I now have proof they still exist! So yes, I over did it, but it was fun. And this morning I'm pain free so nothing foolish was done. Next time I think we'll take a shorter route.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home