Hm...
Last night my case of lethargy continued so I decided to make cookies. I'm not precisely sure why, but I thought it might snap me out of the feeling. It's a very relaxing, homey thing for me.
For me cookies are a dangerous thing to keep around the house, so I had already assigned these homes. I'd bring one box into work, drop one off to Don and the other to Andrew. Don works about 15 minutes from where I do, so I could save them until today. Andrew lives around the corner from me, so I thought I would give him a call to see if he was up for a drive by baking once the cookies were done.
Andrew got back to me shortly before 10, he'd been at church but was up for the food drop. When I arrived I saw him playing Wii golf with his dad...and he was still in his suit from services. It was really quite amusing. I handed off the cookies, wished him a happy Tuesday and headed home.
Connie is the keeper of the work cookies. I told her it was her decision as to whether Will got any since he bogarted the last batch. She was excited about both the cookies and the power.
And I just delivered the final box to Don at lunch. Don who probably thinks I am stalking him. I had hoped just to leave them with the receptionist, but life doesn't work that way. As I walked toward the building the front door opened and of course it was Don walking through it. He put on his sunglasses against the noontime glare, completely unaware that it was me wandering toward him. I announced the aforementioned stalking fear, laughed when he asked what the hell I was doing there, gave him the container and wished him a happy Wednesday. Oh yeah, he's totally confused.
That's the trouble with random acts of kindness, we tend to be suspicious of them these days. I just felt like baking, and thought of some folks who weren't on diets who would enjoy the result.
Gee, wonder what perplexing thing I will do next?
First I have to finish de-bedazzling my pants.
For me cookies are a dangerous thing to keep around the house, so I had already assigned these homes. I'd bring one box into work, drop one off to Don and the other to Andrew. Don works about 15 minutes from where I do, so I could save them until today. Andrew lives around the corner from me, so I thought I would give him a call to see if he was up for a drive by baking once the cookies were done.
Andrew got back to me shortly before 10, he'd been at church but was up for the food drop. When I arrived I saw him playing Wii golf with his dad...and he was still in his suit from services. It was really quite amusing. I handed off the cookies, wished him a happy Tuesday and headed home.
Connie is the keeper of the work cookies. I told her it was her decision as to whether Will got any since he bogarted the last batch. She was excited about both the cookies and the power.
And I just delivered the final box to Don at lunch. Don who probably thinks I am stalking him. I had hoped just to leave them with the receptionist, but life doesn't work that way. As I walked toward the building the front door opened and of course it was Don walking through it. He put on his sunglasses against the noontime glare, completely unaware that it was me wandering toward him. I announced the aforementioned stalking fear, laughed when he asked what the hell I was doing there, gave him the container and wished him a happy Wednesday. Oh yeah, he's totally confused.
That's the trouble with random acts of kindness, we tend to be suspicious of them these days. I just felt like baking, and thought of some folks who weren't on diets who would enjoy the result.
Gee, wonder what perplexing thing I will do next?
First I have to finish de-bedazzling my pants.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home