Bear Necessities

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Monday Monday

Monday morning found me heading back to North Wales for a nap then over to Ambler to prep for Monie and Lydia. I managed to get the downstairs cleaned out and mopped up, then headed back to North Wales to gather things and people together. After breakfast I headed back to Ambler with an extension cord and a fan and began the fun of spackling. I also patched the nasty spots in the kitchen ceiling and wall. I have a new skill! Assuming of course that the ceiling one holds. I'll know more tonight.

Soon Lydia was there and bless her heart began to clean. I headed out to meet Monie in NW to load up her truck with boxes. On the way I checked in with Jill who had survived the first night in the house and happily reported they had the bedroom together. Monie and I got 19 boxes into her truck and headed out. Those were loaded into the downstairs and we set about tackling the painting.

Well, first Monie went to Decks to pick up sand paper. Then we started to paint...after we figured out the power roller wasn't going to work and another trip to the hardware store. Okay, now really painting. I did the tight spots and Monie was a demon with the roller. Lydia survived a set of blinds falling on her and a towel rack making a break for freedom. She also went nuts on the mildew in the bathroom. The bathroom doesn't have ventilation but the only issue is the tub and it's caulking. No matter what you do the mildew comes back, so it gets recaulked a lot.

We called it a day around 5, with Lydia going to her family and Monie and I taking a truck load of trash to the dumpster. Then Monie was off to dinner and I grabbed a shower then dinner with a friend. We played poker until about 10:30 then I headed out to collapse. Lots more to get done, but a lot less then there was yesterday! And I would have thrown in the towel without Monie and Lydia. Thank you girls for not only being great help, but for also making me do things right. And thank you in advance to Jill for coming by on Friday.

Oh, and the most entertaining moment of the day once again goes to Lydia who announced she was going to the hardware store again. When I asked why she said she was painting the back bedroom because she just couldn't have me sleeping in there without it being painted. I pointed out that it was getting late, but she countered with just wanting to get it trimmed out. I then reminded her she was going on vacation at the end of the week and I wouldn't have time to get it finished either. At her sad look I promised that we would revisit it after she got back from vacation. It really was quite cute.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yay! The more you move now, the lazier I can be on Saturday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home