Bear Necessities

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Saturday into Sunday

Oh happy day there was sleeping on Saturday! I got myself cleaned up and headed for a noon weigh in at WW. Happiness is losing 3.8 lbs, though I have no idea how. I am a scant .8lbs away from my first 10% loss and am very excited about it. My only delima is that I can't make this Thursday and I'd really like to do that at a meeting with Lissa. Jill is a sweetheart and said she'd come with me to the early weigh in on Friday, but now I've got carpet people coming in so...have to think on that.

Later in the afternoon I went out to lunch with Connie, had a very entertaining waiter, then went back to her place where we muscled a couch and a love seat up her stairs...in heels. Why you ask? Because she couldn't get any of the able bodied men in her life to help and the furniture was in danger of becoming spider infested. It sounded a lot like a Lamaze class, with Connie at the head of the couch going up the stairs yelling "Push!" But we did it. Because girls rock. Even Monie agrees, though boy did she yell at me for doing that!

Back to the house to do some packing then I ended up in Collegeville again. I left a bit after midnight and, since I was wide awake when I got home, did some bills before I hit the hay.

Sunday was Jill and Dan's moving day...and I still have no idea how they got all that stuff into the apartment. The move itself was really well coordinated and I'm hoping to use their carry chain strategy for going up the stairs with my stuff. Amazingly we had them loaded into their new home by 1:30.

Chuck R is the winner of our comic relief award for Sunday. At some point he split is pants and in an effort to stop the little tearing noises every time he bent over he decided to just do a squat and get it over with. Oh it tore...just a little more than he was anticipating and with some surprising consequences he then went in search of a safety pin.

I headed home for a shower and a nap...thought about doing a nap then shower then nap again but it ended up as a straight nap. Once I was moving I managed to do some packing and get dinner. Got an SOS about 10:30 so I ended up on the road again. This is a long weird story, but I'm glad I went.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home