Whirlwind
Tuesday night was an outing to see "Live Free or Die Hard" which was quite good. After was another night of lounging on the couch and chatting, which I have to say was very nice.
The 4th itself was a lazy day summed up by one word: Breakfast. I got up and made eggs, bacon and toast. After a bit of house puttering we went out to run a few errands and decided to stop at a diner for lunch...but they were only serving breakfast that day. So we had breakfast again!
Once home Julie called to see if she and Charlotte could come by for a visit. Of course! So they both met Charles, with Lotte playing the "here you can have it/no you can't" game with him by the time the visit drew to an end. For some reason it proved to be a very nappy day after that. In the evening I transferred my guest into the care of his ride back to base and took the long way home. Then the true work on the apartment began. Lots to do.
Thursday I worked on the house then Jill came over in the afternoon. We made a raid on Target for book shelves then in what can only be described as an act of comedy got them home and up the stairs. WW was a minor success. I lost 1.4 lbs, which was actually just losing the 1.2 I gained last week, for a real loss of .2 lbs. But it was a loss! We got a decidedly un-ww friendly dinner to celebrate Jill's turning 33 then called it a night.
Friday was my follow up CAT Scan. My lungs are clear! Whoo hoo! That hairball of a blood clot is gone. Now I just need to pass my echo cardiogram and ultrasound this Friday and I am golden! One piece of info though. The stuff they inject you with for the IV contrast makes you flush a bit, and the tech warned me it might make me feel like I had a full bladder. I beg to differ. It makes you feel like you peed. FYI.
After my test I picked up Connie and we headed for lunch followed by Home Depot for some supplies. That was an expensive trip for both of us. Next off to the thrift store for cheap curtains...and of course I found a cute purse. Then there was a trip to the shoe store where I triumphantly managed to not buy anything.
Once home I had time to tidy a bit and get cleaned up before Don arrived. He has been trying to get his annual fireworks photos but has been thwarted by the rain, so I invited him to the Ambler ones. He got some great shots, even if we were both a little closer to the action than we really wanted to be. It took us 10 minutes to get there, and an hour to get home. Gotta love traffic.
Saturday was dedicated to the apartment. I even got things up on the walls and most of the little repairs done. In celebration Monie and I went out to dinner to catch up on life in general. It's funny. At one point my house guest commented that he hoped he wasn't taking me away from my friends. That is when I realized that for the most part they were occupied. Lydia and Monie were both on vacation and clan Wentzel was still tied up with the house. And those are the ones I see most often.
Sunday was just a lazy day. The apartment was done and so was I. I lounged on the couch enjoying cable and internet once again, delaying getting dressed as long as possible. One quick trip to the store to pick up cat and pig food, then I was back on the couch! Of course late in the evening I found out my house guest may be coming for an over night visit tonight, so I managed to change the sheets on the bed, vacuum and get the trash out (which insures he won't be able to make it after all).
And now I am back at work and doing a mountain of laundry.
But you know, life is pretty darned good.
The 4th itself was a lazy day summed up by one word: Breakfast. I got up and made eggs, bacon and toast. After a bit of house puttering we went out to run a few errands and decided to stop at a diner for lunch...but they were only serving breakfast that day. So we had breakfast again!
Once home Julie called to see if she and Charlotte could come by for a visit. Of course! So they both met Charles, with Lotte playing the "here you can have it/no you can't" game with him by the time the visit drew to an end. For some reason it proved to be a very nappy day after that. In the evening I transferred my guest into the care of his ride back to base and took the long way home. Then the true work on the apartment began. Lots to do.
Thursday I worked on the house then Jill came over in the afternoon. We made a raid on Target for book shelves then in what can only be described as an act of comedy got them home and up the stairs. WW was a minor success. I lost 1.4 lbs, which was actually just losing the 1.2 I gained last week, for a real loss of .2 lbs. But it was a loss! We got a decidedly un-ww friendly dinner to celebrate Jill's turning 33 then called it a night.
Friday was my follow up CAT Scan. My lungs are clear! Whoo hoo! That hairball of a blood clot is gone. Now I just need to pass my echo cardiogram and ultrasound this Friday and I am golden! One piece of info though. The stuff they inject you with for the IV contrast makes you flush a bit, and the tech warned me it might make me feel like I had a full bladder. I beg to differ. It makes you feel like you peed. FYI.
After my test I picked up Connie and we headed for lunch followed by Home Depot for some supplies. That was an expensive trip for both of us. Next off to the thrift store for cheap curtains...and of course I found a cute purse. Then there was a trip to the shoe store where I triumphantly managed to not buy anything.
Once home I had time to tidy a bit and get cleaned up before Don arrived. He has been trying to get his annual fireworks photos but has been thwarted by the rain, so I invited him to the Ambler ones. He got some great shots, even if we were both a little closer to the action than we really wanted to be. It took us 10 minutes to get there, and an hour to get home. Gotta love traffic.
Saturday was dedicated to the apartment. I even got things up on the walls and most of the little repairs done. In celebration Monie and I went out to dinner to catch up on life in general. It's funny. At one point my house guest commented that he hoped he wasn't taking me away from my friends. That is when I realized that for the most part they were occupied. Lydia and Monie were both on vacation and clan Wentzel was still tied up with the house. And those are the ones I see most often.
Sunday was just a lazy day. The apartment was done and so was I. I lounged on the couch enjoying cable and internet once again, delaying getting dressed as long as possible. One quick trip to the store to pick up cat and pig food, then I was back on the couch! Of course late in the evening I found out my house guest may be coming for an over night visit tonight, so I managed to change the sheets on the bed, vacuum and get the trash out (which insures he won't be able to make it after all).
And now I am back at work and doing a mountain of laundry.
But you know, life is pretty darned good.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home