Awake on Wednesday
Okay, can anyone name that song?
Yesterday my lovely boss brought in flowers and lunch for Beverly and I to celebrate our birthdays. So very nice, and an opportunity to torment Bill with the birthday cake. I couldn't ask for much more fun.!
Last night was a quiet one. I had thought to run to the nursery and pick up plant food, but then I realized I had no plans. This meant I could go home and relax with the cat, pig and bird for some much put off home time. And that is what I did, though I don't think Feldon really cared one way or the other.
When I am home on a Tuesday night there is actually a show I try to watch, Eureka. It's quite good and I was very excited when the new season began. There are very few shows I make a point to watch, really just this one and new Law and Orders. So of course at the last 15 minutes of the show the phone rings. And it's not a call I can ignore because he's going through...not exactly a mid-life crisis, perhaps more of a reality check. Hopefully I can catch the episode again at some odd time this week. We shall see.
The reality check is that my friend is getting too old to crash things while out having fun. His back is completely fubared and most of the damage is permanent. This doesn't stop him from doing stupid things, but now he at least acknowledges they are indeed dumb. He is 37 and has also begun thinking that dating a 23 year old who still lives with her parents is not for him. Of course the idea of a monogamous relationship is also not for him, go figure. This led us to an interesting conversation.
The girl had just made a snippy comment about him probably going out this week, getting drunk and hooking up with someone else. At this point he told her they needed to not see each other for a while, not because she was wrong, but because he wanted to do just that and was tired of her nagging about it. Oh there are sooooo many things wrong with that situation, anyhow...
So he asks me what I think about it. I tell him that as long as all parties involved know that you aren't exclusive then I don't see an issue. I'm guessing he wasn't quite that straight forward with her when they started seeing each other. His next question was if I was seeing someone seriously would I fool around with someone else? Um...no, not if it was serious. He was a little defensive here, telling me other girls had said they would. I pointed out that other girls wanted to get in his pants, I didn't.
Then there was a pause, and he said maybe he should date women his own age. I said it might work out better. Then he wanted to know if I was available. Um...no. And even if I was, no. Did he hear what I just said? Ug.
If I haven't mentioned it before, he was a summer fling from last year. In fact as of yesterday he is the 3rd guy from last year to pop back up and say hello this month. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the birthday thing, but it's kinda creepy.
Okay, and really funny for the most part!
Yesterday my lovely boss brought in flowers and lunch for Beverly and I to celebrate our birthdays. So very nice, and an opportunity to torment Bill with the birthday cake. I couldn't ask for much more fun.!
Last night was a quiet one. I had thought to run to the nursery and pick up plant food, but then I realized I had no plans. This meant I could go home and relax with the cat, pig and bird for some much put off home time. And that is what I did, though I don't think Feldon really cared one way or the other.
When I am home on a Tuesday night there is actually a show I try to watch, Eureka. It's quite good and I was very excited when the new season began. There are very few shows I make a point to watch, really just this one and new Law and Orders. So of course at the last 15 minutes of the show the phone rings. And it's not a call I can ignore because he's going through...not exactly a mid-life crisis, perhaps more of a reality check. Hopefully I can catch the episode again at some odd time this week. We shall see.
The reality check is that my friend is getting too old to crash things while out having fun. His back is completely fubared and most of the damage is permanent. This doesn't stop him from doing stupid things, but now he at least acknowledges they are indeed dumb. He is 37 and has also begun thinking that dating a 23 year old who still lives with her parents is not for him. Of course the idea of a monogamous relationship is also not for him, go figure. This led us to an interesting conversation.
The girl had just made a snippy comment about him probably going out this week, getting drunk and hooking up with someone else. At this point he told her they needed to not see each other for a while, not because she was wrong, but because he wanted to do just that and was tired of her nagging about it. Oh there are sooooo many things wrong with that situation, anyhow...
So he asks me what I think about it. I tell him that as long as all parties involved know that you aren't exclusive then I don't see an issue. I'm guessing he wasn't quite that straight forward with her when they started seeing each other. His next question was if I was seeing someone seriously would I fool around with someone else? Um...no, not if it was serious. He was a little defensive here, telling me other girls had said they would. I pointed out that other girls wanted to get in his pants, I didn't.
Then there was a pause, and he said maybe he should date women his own age. I said it might work out better. Then he wanted to know if I was available. Um...no. And even if I was, no. Did he hear what I just said? Ug.
If I haven't mentioned it before, he was a summer fling from last year. In fact as of yesterday he is the 3rd guy from last year to pop back up and say hello this month. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the birthday thing, but it's kinda creepy.
Okay, and really funny for the most part!

1 Comments:
At 11:48 AM,
Anonymous said…
Um...I can't name the song...what is it?
Got your message re: the yard sale. I'll talk to Dan and then give you a call tonight and leave a message.
I believe you're going out!
Post a Comment
<< Home