Bear Necessities

Monday, August 06, 2007

Once Upon a Monday Dreary...

Well, I'm not weak and not particularly weary, but I felt it made for a good title!

The weekend was full of fun really. Friday I gathered Connie and we headed to Bristol to see "Just So" at the Bristol Riverside Theatre. My counterpart in NYC, Russell, directs a kids show there every summer and I usually go. The show was much better than last year, not because the acting last year was poor but because it was "Thoroughly Modern Milly"-a show that thoroughly doesn't thrill me.

After the show Connie headed out to pick up her newly shaved cat from Petsmart and I headed home to gather some odds and ends for Clan Hoag before hanging out with Lydia. It was a very relaxed chat, the kids were occupied with their own play and we had a chance to really catch up. Sometimes it's hard to switch my attention from the kids who I adore to the adult I want to talk to. It works out though.

Once home I had a nice long chat with F. and we firmed up plans for the weekend. Saturday we met at the Rodin Museum at 2 and wandered through making comments insightful and comical. The museum is nice, if small and in need of dusting. Once we finished there we walked up to the Art Museum and poked around until they kicked us out at closing. We then got dinner at Hinge which was actually a little sad. There were no vegetarian options on the menu, which surprised me because there used to be, but they were nice enough to whip something up for F. And of course it was delicious.

They made up for the lack of veg by not minding us sitting there and gabbing until 8:30, though there were some good natured jokes as we left. No Monie, I didn't see Simone. We once again proved ourselves incapable of ending an evening before 2 AM.

This of course meant that Sunday I did...almost nothing. I managed to get myself together by 5 to run to Staples then forage for food. I also cleaned the apartment and put stuff in the attic between naps. I could get used to the lazy Sunday.

The birthday week festivities seem to be concerts on Tuesday and Friday then seeing a good chunk of friends on Saturday. I'm a happy camper!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home