Bear Necessities

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Hot Tuesday Night

Last night was the Michael Buble concert at the Mann Music Center. I met my friend Matt (who I haven't seen in close to a year but who is responsible for my love of MB) and we caught dinner before the show to catch up. All in all we are both having good years, which is such a nice thing to be able to say. He caught me up on the kids and the lady in his life, I babbled about friend's little ones and the person I've been spending time with.

It was not exactly awkward, but it wasn't quite relaxed either. We are both a little slimmer, my hair's longer and his is...a little less thick. He's met a nice girl while playing World of War Craft and is quite happy. It's a shame she lives in Canada though.

We also worked on not to passing out from the heat. It was brutal! I have never seen such a large group of people fanning themselves! At one point MB told us he appreciated the love and enthusiasm, but it was hot so we didn't have to clap...just wave a pinkie and go woo. It didn't work, but the thought was funny.

Jann Arden opened for him and was amazing. She was also quit funny, which made for great audience interaction and a very fun set. Soon enough MB was on, and he too was quite the comedian. He reminded me a lot of Tom Jones, just with more energy (and about 40 fewer years). I love his shtick of using a corded microphone, though it was a little unwieldy when he decided to take the act into the audience. The security guards weren't letting folks up to the stage after he'd invited them, so he just hopped down and and performed in the seats. Not something I've seen much of. But two roadies were on stage trying to keep the cord from killing anyone.

I would have loved to be on the lawn dancing, but alas it was not to be. F. would have danced, or at least crashed on the grass with me where I think it might have been cooler. Ah well. All in all though a great night, and I'd see MB again in a heart beat. Even thought about trying to get tickets to his other show this week, but I'm thinking 3 concerts in a week might be a little much for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home