Waiting to Exhale
Frank's dad is having bypass surgery today. This has been in the works since last Thursday. Frank flew out Saturday afternoon with his sister. As of this morning surgery was scheduled for 6 PM tonight, which seems odd to me, but what do I know?
So, I'm sitting here doing my odds and ends, and thinking about his family. I remember waiting with my mom when my dad went in for this surgery. He was around the same age as Frank's dad, I was 7. It was a long day. More recently I remember all of us here waiting to get word from Tony's family on how he did with his bypass last summer. He too is about the same age.
My dad came through with flying colors, so did Tony. And so will will Mr. Musick. It's the waiting...my heart goes out to all of them, and that's really where my brain is today.
So, I'm sitting here doing my odds and ends, and thinking about his family. I remember waiting with my mom when my dad went in for this surgery. He was around the same age as Frank's dad, I was 7. It was a long day. More recently I remember all of us here waiting to get word from Tony's family on how he did with his bypass last summer. He too is about the same age.
My dad came through with flying colors, so did Tony. And so will will Mr. Musick. It's the waiting...my heart goes out to all of them, and that's really where my brain is today.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home