Space...The Final Frontier
"I have a MySpace account," for the longest time I felt like I was standing in front of recovering alcoholics admitting my addiction. Now a lot of my friends have them, so I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or just enabled, but it is a lot more fun! Originally I was just curious about what my interns were talking about...then Monie announced she had one and I told her I had one...and the adventure really began.
MySpace... where you can find old friends, new friends or if you're me, attract Nigerian men. Yes, that's right, I've become irresistible to Nigerians, though I've been told just about every woman on MySpace is. I think it's amazing someone can write so much without using a period. Or grammar. Or spelling. Here's my pick for the best of the worst so far:
"Hi, how rae u i see your proffile and i like it pls can we tlk pls u can mail me back very soon i need you care 4 you so much take care of ur self. my nane is [edit] single 36year old." Yes, spell check started smoking on that one.
But the most entertaining one was looking for "the man closest to my heart". Translation issue or did he not notice I'm a girl? I choose to think I'm now attracting gay Nigerians. It makes for better stories. And now I can add to my mantra: Send me your poor, your socially awkward, your mildly retarded and your gay Nigerian masses...
But seriously, I've gotten back in contact with some wonderful people from my past, so this is definitely a good thing. And really funny.
MySpace... where you can find old friends, new friends or if you're me, attract Nigerian men. Yes, that's right, I've become irresistible to Nigerians, though I've been told just about every woman on MySpace is. I think it's amazing someone can write so much without using a period. Or grammar. Or spelling. Here's my pick for the best of the worst so far:
"Hi, how rae u i see your proffile and i like it pls can we tlk pls u can mail me back very soon i need you care 4 you so much take care of ur self. my nane is [edit] single 36year old." Yes, spell check started smoking on that one.
But the most entertaining one was looking for "the man closest to my heart". Translation issue or did he not notice I'm a girl? I choose to think I'm now attracting gay Nigerians. It makes for better stories. And now I can add to my mantra: Send me your poor, your socially awkward, your mildly retarded and your gay Nigerian masses...
But seriously, I've gotten back in contact with some wonderful people from my past, so this is definitely a good thing. And really funny.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home