Bear Necessities

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Geese

Have you ever just taken a moment and watched geese do their thing? This morning was just too beautiful, so I popped out for a walk before work. There were some geese gathered in a little island of grass in a restaurant parking lot. They'd crossed a major road to get there from the meadow on the other side and I can only imagine what that little procession looked like. Anyhow, there they were, wandering around like this was their world and we just puttered around in it. I can't think of another animal, other than us of course, that seems to have such a glorious sense of entitlement. And as I stood there thinking this and watching them stroll from spot to spot seemingly unconcerned by the world around them I found myself wondering if other animals look at us that way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home