A Hummy Day
Last night I finally snapped out of my funk. I downloaded Michael Buble's It's Time, which I highly recommend, and listened to it in the car on my way to meet Connie for dinner. The first song is Feeling Good and darned if it doesn't make you do just that. He reminds me of Harry Connick Jr with a little Sinatra thrown in. I think I may get the CD for Dad for Christmas.
Anyhow, dinner with Miss Connie was lovely as always. Work has been nuts this week so we haven't had much of a chance to chat. Funny how you can see someone every day and still not take time to catch up. But I guess that is what 24 hour diners are for!
I got home and settled in to catch up on some e-mail when Godsend came on FX. I got about an hour into it when the phone rang. Seeing as it was one of my favorite people I gave up on the end of the movie. I hadn't had a chance to actually talk to Matt all week, so it was nice to hear his voice and catch up. Somehow we ended up swapping stories about folding underwear (he was doing laundry) and going to strip clubs. But we also made plans for a movie and trading back rubs on Sunday, so that is definitely something I am looking forward to...I'm a goofy girl, what can I say?
After we got off the phone I was surprised and happy to find that FX was running the movie again, so I stayed up until midnight to catch the end. It was soooo creepy! Definitely worth staying up for though.
So now it is Friday, a short day at work followed by catching coffee with Ms. Lydia and sharing all the news we've gathered since last time. All in all, it looks like a very good day indeed, I hope you all can say the same!
Anyhow, dinner with Miss Connie was lovely as always. Work has been nuts this week so we haven't had much of a chance to chat. Funny how you can see someone every day and still not take time to catch up. But I guess that is what 24 hour diners are for!
I got home and settled in to catch up on some e-mail when Godsend came on FX. I got about an hour into it when the phone rang. Seeing as it was one of my favorite people I gave up on the end of the movie. I hadn't had a chance to actually talk to Matt all week, so it was nice to hear his voice and catch up. Somehow we ended up swapping stories about folding underwear (he was doing laundry) and going to strip clubs. But we also made plans for a movie and trading back rubs on Sunday, so that is definitely something I am looking forward to...I'm a goofy girl, what can I say?
After we got off the phone I was surprised and happy to find that FX was running the movie again, so I stayed up until midnight to catch the end. It was soooo creepy! Definitely worth staying up for though.
So now it is Friday, a short day at work followed by catching coffee with Ms. Lydia and sharing all the news we've gathered since last time. All in all, it looks like a very good day indeed, I hope you all can say the same!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home