Bear Necessities

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Constructive Insomnia

Okay, it isn't really insomnia. I got coughing so hard I couldn't sleep, so at 5:30 I gave up and got up. I was productive. I did the dishes, made breakfast and lunch, tidied up a bit and then popped online. On a hunch I decided to check flight prices for flying to see my Mom and Dad for Christmas.

I'd pretty much resigned myself to another sad Christmas in PA missing my parents, but as Thanksgiving approached I was beginning to dread it. Another friend was in the same boat over Thanksgiving but found it much cheaper to fly on the holiday. I figured it was worth checking. It turns out to be very true, I saved about $200. Then I sent a note to my dad asking if he'd be able to pick me up at the airport Christmas Day. Dad was delighted.

So my parents are getting me for Christmas, and yes I intend on slapping a bow on my head as I come off the plane!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home