Disturbing Trend Observed
I've stumbled upon a new low in the dating pool drive/doesn't drive conundrum.
First there was the boy who didn't drive. His eyesight was poor so he took public transportation to get where he wanted to go. He also had a house he was fixing up quite nicely. So yes, having to pick him up most of the time was annoying, but that wasn't the death nell for the relationship.
Then there was the boy who could drive, but didn't have a car to drive. Compounded with the "living with his parents" thing and working for minimum wage. Not good. In fact, he now has company because another potential date just moved in with his parents, has no car and just got a job at Banana Republic. He also keeps getting arrested so he may actually be lower on the scale.
But now there is a new non-driving low: No car, no license and refuses to go anywhere he can't walk to even though he lives in the city. As an experiment I offered to kidnap him off his barstool and make him go bowling. He resisted until I offered to lay a trail of beer bottles to the door. Now that is just sad. And he wonders why he's single...and I do the happy dance that I have a screening process in place!
First there was the boy who didn't drive. His eyesight was poor so he took public transportation to get where he wanted to go. He also had a house he was fixing up quite nicely. So yes, having to pick him up most of the time was annoying, but that wasn't the death nell for the relationship.
Then there was the boy who could drive, but didn't have a car to drive. Compounded with the "living with his parents" thing and working for minimum wage. Not good. In fact, he now has company because another potential date just moved in with his parents, has no car and just got a job at Banana Republic. He also keeps getting arrested so he may actually be lower on the scale.
But now there is a new non-driving low: No car, no license and refuses to go anywhere he can't walk to even though he lives in the city. As an experiment I offered to kidnap him off his barstool and make him go bowling. He resisted until I offered to lay a trail of beer bottles to the door. Now that is just sad. And he wonders why he's single...and I do the happy dance that I have a screening process in place!

1 Comments:
At 4:53 AM,
Chaplain Deanna said…
The car/no car dilemna is really bad. Grammy says pay attention to older men who are homeowners and whose cars are paid for. After all, if you decide to marry one of your dates, where is the nest for your babies? How would you even get to the hospital to deliver a baby without a car? Besides, older men are really grateful for the attention.
Post a Comment
<< Home