Werepig
Monday night I curled into my nice, electric blanket warmed bed to start a new book. Downstairs my neighbor's dog was softly howling-I'm guessing it was home alone. That's one of the nice things about my building. We all hear each other, but it isn't anything obnoxious or annoying. My cat runs around and Cabott thumps, my upstairs neighbor's cat runs races back and forth, the dog downstairs makes itself known...and no one cares. But I digress...
So as I sat there reading and feeling sorry for the puppy, there came another howl, a bazaar broken noise. And it came from MY apartment! I ran into the other room to check on the bunnies because Jewel is 10 and I'm always worried about her health (rabbits only make noise in extreme distress). No, all the buns were fine...the noise was coming from PJ the guinea pig. He was happily perched on his little house making this weird whoo-whoo noise.
It seems he was commiserating with the dog by howling along. It is the strangest sound I have ever heard. I mentioned it to Kerry at the shelter and she said she'd only heard it once, and she thought the aliens had landed. The books call it singing...
I think I have a werepig on my hands.
So as I sat there reading and feeling sorry for the puppy, there came another howl, a bazaar broken noise. And it came from MY apartment! I ran into the other room to check on the bunnies because Jewel is 10 and I'm always worried about her health (rabbits only make noise in extreme distress). No, all the buns were fine...the noise was coming from PJ the guinea pig. He was happily perched on his little house making this weird whoo-whoo noise.
It seems he was commiserating with the dog by howling along. It is the strangest sound I have ever heard. I mentioned it to Kerry at the shelter and she said she'd only heard it once, and she thought the aliens had landed. The books call it singing...
I think I have a werepig on my hands.

1 Comments:
At 7:08 PM,
Anonymous said…
Werepig!
I'm laughing!
Post a Comment
<< Home