Gee...I thought I was getting better
Who goes to the doctor with a cough? Apparently me. I managed to cough until I gagged Sunday night and I needed to renew some perscriptions anyway so I called my doctor's office yesterday to see if he had any evening appointments this week. He didn't but his partner did. Now, his partner is a nice and very good doctor, but I really wanted to see my doctor so I told the receptionist that I could just make an appointment for the following week...then I coughed. While I was used to the donkey like cough I've aquired over the past few weeks, she was a bit startled and told me I should really come in. So I took the appointment and was pleasantly surprised when the office called later in the afternoon to tell me my doctor had a cancellation and could see me that night.
So I sat in the exam room reading and coughing. I should explain that I actually have 3 coughs: The baby or more normal cough, the mommy or donkey-bray like cough, and the daddy or gagging and gasping for air cough. Kinda like the 3 bears with phlegm. Anyhow Dr. R came in and his first words were, "Was that you making that god awful noise?" I told him he should hear the bad (daddy) cough. After a short discussion and some heavy breathing/coughing he wrote me 3 perscriptions for "the good shit" since I was a pneumonia's door apparently. Interestingly enough, yesterday was the first day I was feeling pretty good. Go figure.
So off I went to the pharmacy where I slapped down my scripts for azithromicin, z-pac methylPREDNISolone, and codine along with my 3 renewals. 20 minutes later I sashayed my way out of the store with the biggest bag of drugs I'd ever seen. I felt about 80.
Once home I called Monie to let her know that I anticipated being unconcious in an hour so I wouldn't be able to join her and Mary for dinner, downed a butt load of pills with my pot pie and called my Mom. Why? Because I found this story amusing and I also wanted to make sure Dad told her I'd be there for Christmas after all.
Then I took my teaspoon of codine (when the instructions are 1 teaspoon every 12 hours you KNOW it's good!) and passed out shortly after.
So, if you have a cough that lasts more than 2 weeks, go to the doctor. My little piece of advice for the day!
So I sat in the exam room reading and coughing. I should explain that I actually have 3 coughs: The baby or more normal cough, the mommy or donkey-bray like cough, and the daddy or gagging and gasping for air cough. Kinda like the 3 bears with phlegm. Anyhow Dr. R came in and his first words were, "Was that you making that god awful noise?" I told him he should hear the bad (daddy) cough. After a short discussion and some heavy breathing/coughing he wrote me 3 perscriptions for "the good shit" since I was a pneumonia's door apparently. Interestingly enough, yesterday was the first day I was feeling pretty good. Go figure.
So off I went to the pharmacy where I slapped down my scripts for azithromicin, z-pac methylPREDNISolone, and codine along with my 3 renewals. 20 minutes later I sashayed my way out of the store with the biggest bag of drugs I'd ever seen. I felt about 80.
Once home I called Monie to let her know that I anticipated being unconcious in an hour so I wouldn't be able to join her and Mary for dinner, downed a butt load of pills with my pot pie and called my Mom. Why? Because I found this story amusing and I also wanted to make sure Dad told her I'd be there for Christmas after all.
Then I took my teaspoon of codine (when the instructions are 1 teaspoon every 12 hours you KNOW it's good!) and passed out shortly after.
So, if you have a cough that lasts more than 2 weeks, go to the doctor. My little piece of advice for the day!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home