Bear Necessities

Monday, March 05, 2007

All the World's a Stage

I have to say, this was another very nice weekend. Friday I had a duh moment when going to look at an apartment. Right street, wrong town. Doh! But we got it sorted out...unfortunately the apartment wasn't really worth the time. Aside from aesthetic issues and it having way to many entrances/exits there was the front door oddness. This was a second floor apartment. You walk in downstairs and there is the door for the 1st floor person then you go upstairs to the 2nd floor rooms...there was no door. Nothing to stop the lower tenant from roaming around the upstairs. Yeah, not going to work.

Happily Tom arrived shortly after I got home. We went out for Chinese then settled in to watch "Thank You for Smoking." Good movie and good company. Saturday we were going to New Holland to see Dan's play so he stayed over. Amazingly, we both got some sleep. You forget how different sleeping with another body in the bed can be.

Morning was breakfast and cartoons. Before we knew it Connie and Andy arrived and we were off to see "Six Lovers in Florence", though a little late. We got there with 10 minutes to spare, Dan kindly gave Andy a pass on the ticket price since the boy didn't have cash on him and we took our seats. The play was wonderful and there was a photo call afterwards so we got back to my place around 7:30. Connie and Andy headed out and Tom and I went in to have dinner. Thank heaven for crock pots! Here are some photo highlights:

Sadly, Tom was a little too sleep deprived so after dinner I sent him home with a kiss and a bag of cookies (better in his tummy than mine). As it turns out I wasn't up much longer myself and I had an 8:30 appointment to look at another apartment on Sunday. Sunday morning I got an e-mail from Tom letting me know he got in okay, and then I headed out to look at the apartment in Colmar.

The area is nice, woodsy and right off a trail. The apartment is first floor and nice enough, and the manager, Dave, was great. Unfortunately he doesn't think they will hold the apartment until May. I wanted to give it some thought, but when I got home I had a killer headache, so I laid down instead. Later I talked to Dad and as we talked I realized I wasn't in love with the place, and when I told him that the tenants had to be vigilant in using the dehumidifier because the place was so well insulated that humidity makes mold come up he reminded me that mold never really goes away...so I'm going to say this place was a no.

The rest of Sunday was very relaxed. I spoke with Tom about next Saturday's plans. We are seeing "Defending the Caveman" then having dinner with his parents in the city. It should be interesting. Hopefully his dad and I will get along a bit better. I felt like I annoyed him a little when we first met.

And dinner with Mary was postponed until tomorrow, she was still in Maryland painting with the new boy. We both have a good bit of story telling to do I think.

And finally in Mom news, I think she isn't speaking to me at the moment. Oh well, Dad says she's feeling better so I'm not worrying about it. She'll come around eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home