Bear Necessities

Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Hunt

So I got the notice in the mail that I needed to renew my lease by March 15...and my rent was going up. I like my place, but I think I pay way to much for it and I don't use the "perks" that come with it (gym, pool, sauna) because the hours are not convenient and to be honest, I'm lazy. So I've decided to move. In May. I'm not looking forward to it. I don't miss those years when I moved every 12 months.

So after bouncing this idea off of a few friends who assured me I'm not insane, I started making calls. I'd really like to live in Ambler. I have discovered I cannot afford Ambler. It costs more to live there than I'm paying now, unless I want to live in the scary part. By "scary part" I'm not talking about where Dan lived (next to the super fund site), I'm talking scary like "damn, my neighbors drive nice cars but they don't seem to have jobs." I just can't do it. I could do another complex...but that's a last resort right now.

So I decided to look for places in Lansdale and North Wales, just single apartments, not complexes. I found a few, and am looking at one on Friday. No one else has called me back. I'm a little surprised about this, because two of the places were real estate offices...you'd think they'd want to follow up. Too weird. I called another this morning and set up a Sunday looksy...very chatty guy. So here are the two places I'm looking at this weekend:

Friday-A 1 bedroom in Lansdale, heat is included in the $720 rent.

Sunday-A 2 bedroom in Colmar that is more, but has a washer/dryer, is first floor and is a more picturesque setting. Can you tell this is the one I hope works out? It's about $100 less a month, which is nice, plus no stairs!

To be continued!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home