Days of the Week
Monday was pretty rough.
Tuesday was simply horrid.
Wednesday was numbingly absurd.
Thursday? Heavy hearted and anticipatory seem to describe it pretty well, but I have a feeling it will be a bit lighter by this evening.
But let us return to Wednesday...
Sadly I had an errand so I did not get to see Lydia or Monie. I spoke with Lydia on my way home and let her know I seemed to have a sympathetic ear ache. We managed to catch up a bit. Tonight I have Monie time after WW...happiness.
Maybe it was my mood, maybe it was the night driving, or maybe it was because I needed a little ego boost, but I sent a note to a friend I hadn't spoken with in a few months just to check in. He called back and we chatted for a bit about last year, this year and life in general. It was oddly comforting in a way that you only get from someone who only knows one side of you...and that happens to be the side that is currently bruised. It isn't a baring of the soul, just a reminder of how someone sees you that gives you a little perspective.
My night was quiet, I decided just to head to bed after I got a few things squared away at home. Morning came and I wondered why I was so hungry...that's when it occured to me I hadn't had dinner last night. Ah well, that's what breakfast is for.
Life feels quiet today...and I don't think that is a bad thing at all.
Tuesday was simply horrid.
Wednesday was numbingly absurd.
Thursday? Heavy hearted and anticipatory seem to describe it pretty well, but I have a feeling it will be a bit lighter by this evening.
But let us return to Wednesday...
Sadly I had an errand so I did not get to see Lydia or Monie. I spoke with Lydia on my way home and let her know I seemed to have a sympathetic ear ache. We managed to catch up a bit. Tonight I have Monie time after WW...happiness.
Maybe it was my mood, maybe it was the night driving, or maybe it was because I needed a little ego boost, but I sent a note to a friend I hadn't spoken with in a few months just to check in. He called back and we chatted for a bit about last year, this year and life in general. It was oddly comforting in a way that you only get from someone who only knows one side of you...and that happens to be the side that is currently bruised. It isn't a baring of the soul, just a reminder of how someone sees you that gives you a little perspective.
My night was quiet, I decided just to head to bed after I got a few things squared away at home. Morning came and I wondered why I was so hungry...that's when it occured to me I hadn't had dinner last night. Ah well, that's what breakfast is for.
Life feels quiet today...and I don't think that is a bad thing at all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home