Bear Necessities

Friday, March 02, 2007

Magic

Yesterday was busy, but quiet until about 5 PM. That's when the guy from some production company I've never heard of called to place an order. Of course he didn't have any of the information needed to place said order, so his assistant was going to have to call me back. I told him I was leaving at 5:30. At 5:25 the dumbass assistant called...I was not happy, but I stayed to get it in the system. When I gave him the total he said, "I can't believe you're ripping me off like that"-kidding or not, he just forfeited his discount. I was silent, he then said he was kidding, I let the pause linger a bit then asked for his fax number. What an ass.

Soon I was on my way home to tidy the place up a bit for today and wait for Steve to come by so we could grab dinner. We caught up on odds and ends then I brought up my wanting to get our marriage annulled. For you see, though I am not catholic I have been shafted by our divorce should I ever want to get married in the church. It's like having something hanging over my head and I dislike that. Besides, it's like religious magic. Poof! You were never married....hee hee.

Happily Steve was on board with this and even offered to help out in any way he could. I like it when things go smoothly.

Not so smooth was my checking on my mom. I called on my way home from work and left a message. She called back on my way to dinner, and was typical grumpy Mom. What did I want? She was fine. Dad wanted to talk to me. At least I know she's alive. And Dad filled me in on his getting a colonoscopy (finally) on Thursday. I told him not to eat jello and that I heard the drugs were good...the sum total of my knowledge on the subject.

Another day awaits!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home