Bear Necessities

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Hell...

There are no flames in Hell,
No Lake of Fire
There are no devils with pitchforks poking at the flesh of the damned
In fact, you aren't even aware of the other corrupt souls at all

For Hell, you see, is technology.
Computer networking to be more precise.

To recap:
4/25-My work computer's memory fries
4/26-Yes, the memory is truly dead
4/27-New memory installed, computer up and running except it doesn't see our network
4/30 9:00 AM-All my desktop icons disappear and I still can't see the network
4/30 10:30AM-Office Internet disappears, I restore my computer to an earlier point and my desktop icons reappear.
4/30 11:00AM-12:30 PM-Verizon tech support finally determines our modem died
4/30 1:30 PM-3:00 PM-Dell tech support kindly tries to get my computer to see our network. After and hour and a half I tell him to go on with his life, I'll muddle through since nothing we were trying seemed to work.
4/30 3:40 PM-I uninstall Norton Antivirus...Ta-Da! I'm on the network!
5/1 7:00 AM-I disconnect the defunct modem and connect the new one
5/1 7:05 AM-Nothing happens
5/1 7:30 AM-Back on the phone with Verizon tech support
5/1 8:30 AM-Internet! Now I just have to connect everyone else...
5/1 8:45 AM-Everyone but Ardia is up and running...Ardia has a wireless hook up that is being stubborn
5/1 9:00 AM-Now no one can see the *&^%$ network...I DON'T WANT TO BE TECH SUPPORT ANY MORE!!!!!!
5/1 10:08 AM-Bob from downstairs comes up to save me (they do office networking)
5/1 10/:38 AM-Bob leaves in frustration but will return after lunch. We need to reset that computer's gateway (?) and if that doesn't work I'm just running a really long cable...

I want a pencil...

Oh, if you're wondering, no I didn't set up our office network. I've never set one up, though I think I know how to now. Who did, you ask? Steve...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah...the magic of...dyrbr.

    I wrote in code...
    Why? Don't know.
    Too much to clean...

    Hope tomorrow is better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home