Self Discovery
I enjoy horror movies.
I watch surgical programs because I find the operations interesting.
I am having trouble getting through "Latter Days," a movie about a young Mormon guy dealing with being homosexual and a family who blames his sexuality for everything that is wrong in their lives. The gist is that he ends up meeting a young gay waiter and this waiter and his female roommate have a bet as to whether he can seduce the Mormon guy. Of course along the way the waiter gets attached...and the Mormon guy leaves after sleeping with him.
I started watching last night, but had to switch channels after watching the boy's mother say he could be forgiven for the things he does, but no one could forgive him for being what he was...oh, and it was his fault his father was never home.
It was on again this morning, but I didn't make it again. I made it through the guy's suicide, but then watching his partner find out about his death when he once again called to try to talk to him and his mother screamed he was responsible for her son's death...it was harsh. You just watch this poor man spiral into depression, until one of the AIDS patients he delivers meals to tells him he should stop coming to see him because he was depressing him...then he decides to try to make peace and there is more interaction with Mom. I just could take it.
So it seems I am fine with blood, gore and boogy men, but I can't handle human cruelty. One of these days I'll make it through the movie...it really is quite good.
I watch surgical programs because I find the operations interesting.
I am having trouble getting through "Latter Days," a movie about a young Mormon guy dealing with being homosexual and a family who blames his sexuality for everything that is wrong in their lives. The gist is that he ends up meeting a young gay waiter and this waiter and his female roommate have a bet as to whether he can seduce the Mormon guy. Of course along the way the waiter gets attached...and the Mormon guy leaves after sleeping with him.
I started watching last night, but had to switch channels after watching the boy's mother say he could be forgiven for the things he does, but no one could forgive him for being what he was...oh, and it was his fault his father was never home.
It was on again this morning, but I didn't make it again. I made it through the guy's suicide, but then watching his partner find out about his death when he once again called to try to talk to him and his mother screamed he was responsible for her son's death...it was harsh. You just watch this poor man spiral into depression, until one of the AIDS patients he delivers meals to tells him he should stop coming to see him because he was depressing him...then he decides to try to make peace and there is more interaction with Mom. I just could take it.
So it seems I am fine with blood, gore and boogy men, but I can't handle human cruelty. One of these days I'll make it through the movie...it really is quite good.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home