5th of May: Post Mortem
No, no one died! And to my knowledge, no one even threw up...though Chuck's health is still in question, but that is a story better left unwritten at this time.
By 7:00 we had lost George and Andrew would be joining us after dinner. Connie got to my place and we zipped over to Jill and Dan's. Though we sighted Bill's truck we didn't see him, and after talking to Jill and Dan realized he must have parked and walked over the Shanachie. We soon did the same. On the way Monie called to say she was running late, but would be there, no worries! Upon arrival we found Adam, Bill and Chuck waiting at the bar. While Bill kept thinking he knew Adam apparently neither boy spoke up so that was a bit of fun before our table was ready.
Once seated there was a call of the initial tequila shot by Chuck. Connie was game (her first tequila experience), I was in, there was Chuck of course. Much to my surprise and delight Bill broke his 10 year "No tequila" rule and joined us, and we just ordered one for Adam and made him drink it. All good. Our waitress was great fun, and for our part we generated an amazing bar tab but were not unduly rowdy so she was pretty tickled with us.
Monie arrived just after we ordered dinner, so put in her order and another round of tequila was ordered, with her taking Adam's place. Dinner was good, the conversation was better and Adam graced us with the occasional magic trick...and I think he, Dan and Jill were playing cards at one point. Once again I must thank Jill and Dan for coming out and risking social embarrassment...as I told the waitress when she remarked how well we behaved considering the amount of alcohol consumed, we police our own and part of that is because I don't want my former roomie whispered about in the hallways of her school!
Andrew joined us later in the evening, and though he wasn't up to tequila I did manage to get him to eat a strawberry. I'd ordered a cheese board as an appetizer and there were still a few pieces of fruit on it that I decided needed to be eaten. Just about all were graped and but Bill was stubborn about his non-love of grapes so he was appled.
There was my normal substitution of Monie for salt on one shot, and Andrew for salt on another. After showing us his new belt buckle I had to comment that it looked like the little boxes they used to sell in the CUB with a secret compartment ("You can put your weed in there!"). This was followed by his showing off his button fly, at which point I felt it necessary to let him know that was not such a good idea when I was drinking tequila. Okay, I admit it, I said it just to see that look on his face. But as we know, women are evil. And why are women evil? Because boys are easy to stun!
Later in the evening there was Monie, Connie and I putting a dollar down Bill's pants...or trying to.
Bill and I resting our heads on Connie's chest while we talked...mostly to make her laugh. Telling Chuck that his telling the waitress "If I wasn't married..." was indeed creepy. And I did manage a dance with Andrew without wiping us both out...thank God I convinced him not to dip. It's a minor miracle he didn't lose me on the spin!
So after dinner and drinking about $200 worth of tequila it was time to head home. Except for Monie, she had another function to attend. I don't know how she finds the energy. There was a little drama with Chuck, but then goodbyes were said and we wandered off to our respective cars. And yes, we were okay to drive. All got home safely and Connie and I had lunch the next day. She seemed to suffer no ill effects from her first Tequila Night, and that is how it should be. Sadly we never saw Jen, so I'll have to track her down and tease her.
All in all, a successful, fun evening with lovely people.
By 7:00 we had lost George and Andrew would be joining us after dinner. Connie got to my place and we zipped over to Jill and Dan's. Though we sighted Bill's truck we didn't see him, and after talking to Jill and Dan realized he must have parked and walked over the Shanachie. We soon did the same. On the way Monie called to say she was running late, but would be there, no worries! Upon arrival we found Adam, Bill and Chuck waiting at the bar. While Bill kept thinking he knew Adam apparently neither boy spoke up so that was a bit of fun before our table was ready.
Once seated there was a call of the initial tequila shot by Chuck. Connie was game (her first tequila experience), I was in, there was Chuck of course. Much to my surprise and delight Bill broke his 10 year "No tequila" rule and joined us, and we just ordered one for Adam and made him drink it. All good. Our waitress was great fun, and for our part we generated an amazing bar tab but were not unduly rowdy so she was pretty tickled with us.
Monie arrived just after we ordered dinner, so put in her order and another round of tequila was ordered, with her taking Adam's place. Dinner was good, the conversation was better and Adam graced us with the occasional magic trick...and I think he, Dan and Jill were playing cards at one point. Once again I must thank Jill and Dan for coming out and risking social embarrassment...as I told the waitress when she remarked how well we behaved considering the amount of alcohol consumed, we police our own and part of that is because I don't want my former roomie whispered about in the hallways of her school!
Andrew joined us later in the evening, and though he wasn't up to tequila I did manage to get him to eat a strawberry. I'd ordered a cheese board as an appetizer and there were still a few pieces of fruit on it that I decided needed to be eaten. Just about all were graped and but Bill was stubborn about his non-love of grapes so he was appled.
There was my normal substitution of Monie for salt on one shot, and Andrew for salt on another. After showing us his new belt buckle I had to comment that it looked like the little boxes they used to sell in the CUB with a secret compartment ("You can put your weed in there!"). This was followed by his showing off his button fly, at which point I felt it necessary to let him know that was not such a good idea when I was drinking tequila. Okay, I admit it, I said it just to see that look on his face. But as we know, women are evil. And why are women evil? Because boys are easy to stun!
Later in the evening there was Monie, Connie and I putting a dollar down Bill's pants...or trying to.
Bill and I resting our heads on Connie's chest while we talked...mostly to make her laugh. Telling Chuck that his telling the waitress "If I wasn't married..." was indeed creepy. And I did manage a dance with Andrew without wiping us both out...thank God I convinced him not to dip. It's a minor miracle he didn't lose me on the spin!So after dinner and drinking about $200 worth of tequila it was time to head home. Except for Monie, she had another function to attend. I don't know how she finds the energy. There was a little drama with Chuck, but then goodbyes were said and we wandered off to our respective cars. And yes, we were okay to drive. All got home safely and Connie and I had lunch the next day. She seemed to suffer no ill effects from her first Tequila Night, and that is how it should be. Sadly we never saw Jen, so I'll have to track her down and tease her.
All in all, a successful, fun evening with lovely people.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home