Aging
So after last week's being taunted by my hematologist about turning 33 this summer I'm still not feeling old. I may not be young, but 33 is not old. That said, it would seem the men in my life are feeling elderly these days.
John will be 38 this year. He's already fussing over diminished stamina and saying things like "I'm not a young man anymore". Apparently he was young and spry when I met him at 36, so what happened? I won't mention the dramatics over his discovery that his hairline had receded more than he thought.
Don is 40. I'd asked him if he'd like to play tennis one of these weekends. For the record "tennis" is defined as trying to get the ball over the net and return a serve. I'm not a good player, but it is fun. We went from him being rusty and out of shape to a declaration that he may have become a doubles player due to his "decreased mobility". Um...as far as I know he isn't using a walker...and hey! I'm the one with the limp!
Maybe it's a guy thing...
John will be 38 this year. He's already fussing over diminished stamina and saying things like "I'm not a young man anymore". Apparently he was young and spry when I met him at 36, so what happened? I won't mention the dramatics over his discovery that his hairline had receded more than he thought.
Don is 40. I'd asked him if he'd like to play tennis one of these weekends. For the record "tennis" is defined as trying to get the ball over the net and return a serve. I'm not a good player, but it is fun. We went from him being rusty and out of shape to a declaration that he may have become a doubles player due to his "decreased mobility". Um...as far as I know he isn't using a walker...and hey! I'm the one with the limp!
Maybe it's a guy thing...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home