Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!
Sunday was roaming New Hope with Connie since my sneezing fits made me reconcider seeing Clan Reisse. It was a beautiful day for it, and we spent the afternoon roaming from shop to shop.
We both ended up with interesting jewelry and fun clothes from the Tibeten shop. Monie's birthday present was purchased and that turned out to be rather entertaining. And I found a very nice pair of silver earrings at Orb, along with a great story.
As I browsed from case to case in Orb while Connie was having a reading done at Mystikal Tymes a little boy, probably about 3, wandered in covered in the water ice he was eating. His mother told him he could sit in the chair while she shopped...in other stores! The owner told him not only could he not sit there, he couldn't even be in the store with her while he was eating. After they left this sparked a "kids/parents today conversation." Once I finally made a decision about what I wanted he made a suggestion of a similar design that was actually hand made by the founder of the store, and he was right, it was much more interesting. (I can't get into details because this is another gift)
He went on to tell me that he had a man come down from NYC to request a ring be made of it in gold. He had been looking for this ring for years...his acting teacher had one but since he inherited it he didn't know where it came from. His teacher was Eli Wallach. Mr. Wallach had inherited the ring from Tennessee Williams, who had gotten it as a gift. The best all involved could figure out was that when the creator was just starting to do his own work he had made this ring in gold and it was sold at a little shop in Soho.
Just a very neat story, and a lovely day.
We both ended up with interesting jewelry and fun clothes from the Tibeten shop. Monie's birthday present was purchased and that turned out to be rather entertaining. And I found a very nice pair of silver earrings at Orb, along with a great story.
As I browsed from case to case in Orb while Connie was having a reading done at Mystikal Tymes a little boy, probably about 3, wandered in covered in the water ice he was eating. His mother told him he could sit in the chair while she shopped...in other stores! The owner told him not only could he not sit there, he couldn't even be in the store with her while he was eating. After they left this sparked a "kids/parents today conversation." Once I finally made a decision about what I wanted he made a suggestion of a similar design that was actually hand made by the founder of the store, and he was right, it was much more interesting. (I can't get into details because this is another gift)
He went on to tell me that he had a man come down from NYC to request a ring be made of it in gold. He had been looking for this ring for years...his acting teacher had one but since he inherited it he didn't know where it came from. His teacher was Eli Wallach. Mr. Wallach had inherited the ring from Tennessee Williams, who had gotten it as a gift. The best all involved could figure out was that when the creator was just starting to do his own work he had made this ring in gold and it was sold at a little shop in Soho.
Just a very neat story, and a lovely day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home