Bear Necessities

Monday, February 04, 2008

Prehistoric Good Times

Another lovely weekend...with a little reminder about why I so seldomly drink much beer.

Friday was Defending the Caveman at the Kimmel Center. I highly recommend this and it will be coming back there in the summer I believe so see it if you can. It's a one man show about men and women, how our different thought/behavior patterns may have developed from early hunter-gatherer roles. And it's hilarious!

Saturday was a lazy day, which is always nice. In the evening Frank and I did some roaming around South Street in search of boots. While no purchase was made, we now know what he's looking for so that is a definite good thing. Back at the apartment it was gathering beverage and then heading out to a party at Awesome House.

Yes, it is a house. Yes, it is Awesome. Much fun dancing, talking, playing with people's hair (Fig cut her dreads) and annoying Adam's brother Kevin every chance I got. What can I say? I can be a nudge when I'm tipsey.

And I now have a clear picture of doggy heaven. Stevie was the man of the night. An adult pitbull mix, rescued from the street, who was just the sweetest thing. A genetic disorder caused him to loose his sight, then the eye sockets started to deteriorate so the eyes themselves were removed. You would never know he was blind. At one point I popped into the front room to find a circle of girls on the floor with Stevie in the center. He had a little blanket over him and was being petted from every direction. This was definitely doggy bliss.

After hanging out in the kitchen and gabbing, Frank and I made our way downstairs for some dancing as Patrick DJ'd. Much fun with my favorite dance partner. Sadly the incense in an enclosed space was a bit overwhelming after a while and even Frank was ready for some air.

The kitchen was the hub of activity and we found ourselves in there most of the night. Lots of laughter and conversation. Then there was...the beer.

I'd stopped drinking my spiked cranberry juice a little bit before Frank finished his OJ. He decided a glass of water would be nice...but came back with a beer. Apparently he'd requested liquid and this was what appeared. We hung out a bit longer, I tried his beer and soon it was 4 AM and we were ready to grab a cab.

Morning came...and so did the headaches. We blame the beer ; ) So, morning came...and went. Afternoon came...and went. Around 5 I gathered my things and headed home to meet Connie and play "What not to wear" in her closet. We made some great progress and I once again found myself grocery shopping at midnight. Ah well.

It was a good weekend, with many good stories. I may be too old to party until 4 AM...but I'm not quite ready to stop trying...hee hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home