To Market, To Market
I have been in search of a dress since December. Something fun. Something different.
I found just what I wanted, a black vinyl ball gown. I ordered it on December 23...
I hadn't heard anything or received anything, so January 18th I called.
Oh, that dress was on back order. Nice of them to tell me. I was all set to cancel it when I remembered they had it in red. So now it was going to be a red vinyl ball gown for me.
January 22 it arrived...I looked like a giant ketsup bottle. Remember that red/orange crayon no one ever wanted to use? Yup, that was the color. I felt my options were to return it or find a large sparkly 57 to wear around my neck. Back it went, and the search continued.
After 3 hours of hunting I found the perfect dress. Short black vinyl with a flared skirt and feather trim (hey, I wanted funky, right?) so I ordered it on the 22nd and excitedly waited for it to arrive.
And waited...
And waited.
Yesterday I was tired of waiting. Checking in with my credit card company I found it hadn't even been charged yet. I sent a few messages to the company and received no word back. Then I did some poking around I should have done before placing my order and found I wasn't the only person who'd had this issue. Great. I sent a message canceling my order and prepared for the worst as I started hunting again.
I found a few items of interest which Frank was nice enough to give an opinion on. He has gone to this event before so I figured he could steer me clear of any true horribleness. By the end of the day I had narrowed it down to one dress, but had to wait until this morning to order because I wanted to make damn sure it was in stock.
After nursing a nasty head ache last night I braved the internet. My previous order was successfully canceled, though no reason was given for the odd delay. Out of boredom I began poking around again and found 2 other options which were doable, but I wanted other eyes on them. Since vinyl was involved and Monie has had some experience in that arena, plus she (unlike me) can dress herself up to go dancing and look fantastic, I enlisted her aid. Interestingly she and Frank came to the same conclusion. I agreed and as of 9 AM I once again have something to wear...
And a back up if I look like a sausage.
And no, this one isn't vinyl....but it has flames!
Hee hee
I found just what I wanted, a black vinyl ball gown. I ordered it on December 23...
I hadn't heard anything or received anything, so January 18th I called.
Oh, that dress was on back order. Nice of them to tell me. I was all set to cancel it when I remembered they had it in red. So now it was going to be a red vinyl ball gown for me.
January 22 it arrived...I looked like a giant ketsup bottle. Remember that red/orange crayon no one ever wanted to use? Yup, that was the color. I felt my options were to return it or find a large sparkly 57 to wear around my neck. Back it went, and the search continued.
After 3 hours of hunting I found the perfect dress. Short black vinyl with a flared skirt and feather trim (hey, I wanted funky, right?) so I ordered it on the 22nd and excitedly waited for it to arrive.
And waited...
And waited.
Yesterday I was tired of waiting. Checking in with my credit card company I found it hadn't even been charged yet. I sent a few messages to the company and received no word back. Then I did some poking around I should have done before placing my order and found I wasn't the only person who'd had this issue. Great. I sent a message canceling my order and prepared for the worst as I started hunting again.
I found a few items of interest which Frank was nice enough to give an opinion on. He has gone to this event before so I figured he could steer me clear of any true horribleness. By the end of the day I had narrowed it down to one dress, but had to wait until this morning to order because I wanted to make damn sure it was in stock.
After nursing a nasty head ache last night I braved the internet. My previous order was successfully canceled, though no reason was given for the odd delay. Out of boredom I began poking around again and found 2 other options which were doable, but I wanted other eyes on them. Since vinyl was involved and Monie has had some experience in that arena, plus she (unlike me) can dress herself up to go dancing and look fantastic, I enlisted her aid. Interestingly she and Frank came to the same conclusion. I agreed and as of 9 AM I once again have something to wear...
And a back up if I look like a sausage.
And no, this one isn't vinyl....but it has flames!
Hee hee

1 Comments:
At 11:00 AM,
Monika Kruemmling said…
to be fair that picture was small and we couldn't tell what the back looked like. I personally think you would look outstanding in a real flame corset!
Post a Comment
<< Home