As Time Goes By
This time last year I was 2 days out of back surgery and barely able to walk.
I was living with Lydia and her lovely family, who so kindly took care of me.
Jill and Dan were sweet and took care of my little zoo.
Monie got me out of the house and out to the movies.
Greg and Aly took me grocery shopping and helped me get settled back into my apartment.
Chuck, Julie and Charlotte kept my spirits up with great visits.
Don reverted to his ethnic roots and tried to feed away the pain while laughing a little.
Connie and Andrew came over for pizza once I was back at my place to make sure I wasn't doing anything dumb.
And here I am a year later: mobile, happy, alive and still very, very fortunate to have such wonderful people in my life.
I was living with Lydia and her lovely family, who so kindly took care of me.
Jill and Dan were sweet and took care of my little zoo.
Monie got me out of the house and out to the movies.
Greg and Aly took me grocery shopping and helped me get settled back into my apartment.
Chuck, Julie and Charlotte kept my spirits up with great visits.
Don reverted to his ethnic roots and tried to feed away the pain while laughing a little.
Connie and Andrew came over for pizza once I was back at my place to make sure I wasn't doing anything dumb.
And here I am a year later: mobile, happy, alive and still very, very fortunate to have such wonderful people in my life.

4 Comments:
At 3:46 PM,
Unknown said…
Ah, those were the days...or not really. We were worried about you, mugwump. I didn't think you'd ever get out of the hospital.
Happy to say you really sprang back, and sorry to say I haven't congratulated you at your advanced awesomeness in the springing.
At 7:09 PM,
Anonymous said…
Love you sweetie!
At 7:10 PM,
Anonymous said…
I don't know why it made me anonymous.
It's me...Jill.
At 12:24 PM,
Monika Kruemmling said…
let's celebrate this xmas anywhere but the hospital, k? I mean, the German Coca Cola Santa was pretty cool and all, but I can definitely make the a once in a lifetime sight. ;)
love you!
M
Post a Comment
<< Home