Vindication!
Yesterday I had my fear of turkeys validated...and I can't tell you how happy it made me. It's right up there with when I found out I wasn't the only one who didn't want power windows on a car for fear of going off a bridge and being stuck!
Well, it seems Massachusetts is being "terrorized" by turkeys. There is one particularly nasty tom roaming Beacon Street in Boston who goes from store to store chasing and attacking people. The animal control agent interviewed noted that these turkeys have even been attacking his vehicle's shiny chrome bumper! For those of you who don't share my hatred of these birds and think I'm being silly keep in mind they can get about 4 feet tall. That is not small. Plus they are dumb and mean, which translates into they don't like to stop attacking.
Here's the most horrifying bit of the story (for those in Massachusetts at least): The turkeys aren't being relocated or destroyed because they are protected under MA law! The best advice the officer could give was if you are being attacked hit it with something (purse, briefcase, backpack) but don't kill it...that would be a crime.
Personally, I'd be playing turkey baseball and damn the consequences!
Well, it seems Massachusetts is being "terrorized" by turkeys. There is one particularly nasty tom roaming Beacon Street in Boston who goes from store to store chasing and attacking people. The animal control agent interviewed noted that these turkeys have even been attacking his vehicle's shiny chrome bumper! For those of you who don't share my hatred of these birds and think I'm being silly keep in mind they can get about 4 feet tall. That is not small. Plus they are dumb and mean, which translates into they don't like to stop attacking.
Here's the most horrifying bit of the story (for those in Massachusetts at least): The turkeys aren't being relocated or destroyed because they are protected under MA law! The best advice the officer could give was if you are being attacked hit it with something (purse, briefcase, backpack) but don't kill it...that would be a crime.
Personally, I'd be playing turkey baseball and damn the consequences!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home