Personal Bests and Proof of Uncoordination
It's been a sporty week...well, by my definition.
Saturday was a leisurely day with Frank then catching up with Connie, Andrew and Tonya for midnight bowling. 12 to 3 AM...I'm shocked I stayed awake. Even more shocking, I finally broke 100! Twice! I even won a game. I'm still waiting for the rest of the 7 signs.
Midnight Bowling in Feasterville also does door prizes with your shoe rental/game purchase. Connie, who was justly getting her swerve on with Bacardi Mojitos, won a plastic sports bottle in the shape of a bowling pin. Yes, it's as phallic as it sounds, and yes the jokes just kept coming. My number was drawn as well. Thinking back to the last time I won a drawing, that double team lap dance at The Cave that I refused to redeem, I was a little wary. Never fear! To go with the memory of what will probably a personal best score I now have my very own bowling ball!
Well, I haven't had the holes drilled yet so technically I suppose it's still a big shot put, but someday it will have holes and then look out! I'll be adding it to the other items related to sports I enjoy and yet play poorly: The tennis racket and the pool cue. Whoo hoo!
Sunday was a lazy day with Frank then catching up with Lydia in the evening. Always fun. Monday and Tuesday were domestic, but Wednesday I was once again sporty.
Fresh off my bowling triumph I joined Frank and friends in Star Park for some fun with poi, hoola hoops and other spinny-juggly things. I got quite a few bruises, but managed to do a few new things with my poi so I was pretty geeked by the end of the night. I count the lump on the top of my head as a small price to pay for learning to cross over. Frank tried out my set, which are shorter and heavier than his, and got clocked in the face for his trouble. Soon enough he was putting me to shame though, so it all evens out.
Battered and bruised from the poi and with tired arms I decided to take a break and embarrass myself with a hoola hoop. Okay, "embarrass" here should have meant show off my lack of skill for all to see...not split my lip with a hoop. That was just clumsy even for me! And I'm still not quite sure how it happened, it may be one of those bits of physical comedy that only I can achieve. Go me!
But no blood-no foul-play on!
And there really was only a very little bit of blood...
Saturday was a leisurely day with Frank then catching up with Connie, Andrew and Tonya for midnight bowling. 12 to 3 AM...I'm shocked I stayed awake. Even more shocking, I finally broke 100! Twice! I even won a game. I'm still waiting for the rest of the 7 signs.
Midnight Bowling in Feasterville also does door prizes with your shoe rental/game purchase. Connie, who was justly getting her swerve on with Bacardi Mojitos, won a plastic sports bottle in the shape of a bowling pin. Yes, it's as phallic as it sounds, and yes the jokes just kept coming. My number was drawn as well. Thinking back to the last time I won a drawing, that double team lap dance at The Cave that I refused to redeem, I was a little wary. Never fear! To go with the memory of what will probably a personal best score I now have my very own bowling ball!
Well, I haven't had the holes drilled yet so technically I suppose it's still a big shot put, but someday it will have holes and then look out! I'll be adding it to the other items related to sports I enjoy and yet play poorly: The tennis racket and the pool cue. Whoo hoo!
Sunday was a lazy day with Frank then catching up with Lydia in the evening. Always fun. Monday and Tuesday were domestic, but Wednesday I was once again sporty.
Fresh off my bowling triumph I joined Frank and friends in Star Park for some fun with poi, hoola hoops and other spinny-juggly things. I got quite a few bruises, but managed to do a few new things with my poi so I was pretty geeked by the end of the night. I count the lump on the top of my head as a small price to pay for learning to cross over. Frank tried out my set, which are shorter and heavier than his, and got clocked in the face for his trouble. Soon enough he was putting me to shame though, so it all evens out.
Battered and bruised from the poi and with tired arms I decided to take a break and embarrass myself with a hoola hoop. Okay, "embarrass" here should have meant show off my lack of skill for all to see...not split my lip with a hoop. That was just clumsy even for me! And I'm still not quite sure how it happened, it may be one of those bits of physical comedy that only I can achieve. Go me!
But no blood-no foul-play on!
And there really was only a very little bit of blood...

1 Comments:
At 4:20 PM,
Monika Kruemmling said…
you are indeed unmatched in some very unique talents, and that is why we love you!
I once split my lip (with a lot of blood) while using a spring-based bit of exercise equipment, so don't feel bad. it was one of those many moments when all my mother could do was sigh, shake her head and offer me a wet washcloth. oh yeah, I forogt - that's what caused the scar on my lip! :)
all that matters is that you had fun... and maybe if you get a scar we'll change the motto to "bones heal and guys dig scars" for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home