Bear Necessities

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Welcome to Wednesday!

I'm making t-shirts for puppets today.

They do not light my aesthetic fire, but I'm just here to make them happen. My boss can have whatever her little heart desires. She's tense today and I'm not throwing myself in front of that particular bus.

Yesterday we sat down and went over health care options. I'm not sure why I've been elected the one most likely to make this decision wisely, but I think I did well. Just waiting for some numbers to decide on whether we are going referral or non-referral. Way too adult for me on a normal day.

Monday was interesting. After a string of communication hick ups this weekend I finally heard from Don...who in my mind was in the fetal position rocking back and forth, unable to pack any longer. I agreed to give him a hand that night after work in exchange for dinner. I should have taken a sign, "Will Work for Food". Opportunities lost!

Though not in the fetal position, he was quite overwhelmed, so the evening was pretty much me saying, "wrap this...dust this...is this clean?...put this in that box..." and after 3 hours I had his kitchen and knick knacks safely packed up. Of course, one of those boxes may cause some sort of groin injury to a mover, but this was not a concern apparently.

Oddest thing packed: The anatomically correct bull with matador. Even had little plastic testicles. Damnedest thing I've come across in a long time.

Oh, and I'm no longer considering myself a pack rat. Perhaps a mouse, but nothing so big as a rat.

With leftover General Tso's tofu in hand I headed back toward JFK. As I was so close I called Frank to see if he'd eaten, having no idea of how tofu reheats, but he had and seemed a bit distracted trying to think of what he had forgotten to pack or take care of before his sister's wedding this weekend, so home I went to drown in the tub for a bit.

The plan was tub, check e-mail and then hit the sheets. My computer had other ideas and I spent an hour fixing a windows file. It think it heard me making jokes about Microsoft. Finally all fixed, I returned some notes and chatted with Frank before tucking in for the evening. He's off to the beach for the week. Amazing how you always want to say one more "good night" when you know someone will be away for a bit... at least that seems to be the case with me. Callie seemed quite excited to have me home again...but eventually she opted for play over love and I have the chew marks to prove it.

And now it is Wednesday...dinner at chez Reisse awaits and I will finally unload some alcohol on Chuck that I've been meaning to drop of for an age and a half. And there will be Smooshiness! And Julie-ness. She's becoming almost as illusive as Aly...

The rest of the week is rather mellow. Tomorrow may or may not be an evening trip to the beach, we shall see, and that will determine Friday's fun. Saturday I maybe collecting bits of Connie after she finally falls apart once Megan's wedding is over and Sunday looks quiet. There will be tea on the porch in the rocker one morning though, that's a promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home