Other Lives
Sometimes I forget that once upon a time I was...well, a scientist for lack of a better word. In that life I designed research studies, worked on objective evaluations, drew conclusions from statistics and even have my name on a few bits of literature on the subject.
Today I got a nice reminder.
My former boss' wife sent me a note that Taylor Francis needs me to fill out a W-9 for my royalty check. Oh yeah, that chapter in Skin Moisturization, I forgot about that. It isn't a big check, but it's fun money and that's always good. In my excitement I mentioned it to a few people and much to my surprise one of them asked for the title so he could check out the book, not realizing it was a $300 text book. And really, how many people on this earth are enthralled by stratum corneum hydration and non-invasive ways to quantify it? Though "trans epidermal water loss" does just trip off the tongue, doesn't it?
Sometimes I miss that. I miss thinking more critically than I need to do now.
Things to ponder.
Today I got a nice reminder.
My former boss' wife sent me a note that Taylor Francis needs me to fill out a W-9 for my royalty check. Oh yeah, that chapter in Skin Moisturization, I forgot about that. It isn't a big check, but it's fun money and that's always good. In my excitement I mentioned it to a few people and much to my surprise one of them asked for the title so he could check out the book, not realizing it was a $300 text book. And really, how many people on this earth are enthralled by stratum corneum hydration and non-invasive ways to quantify it? Though "trans epidermal water loss" does just trip off the tongue, doesn't it?
Sometimes I miss that. I miss thinking more critically than I need to do now.
Things to ponder.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home