Trainspotting
Frank takes the train into Ambler often...I love waiting for him on the platform. In most movies trains represent partings, but not for us. I sit on the platform, watching down the track for the train like a kid waiting for Christmas. My ears strain for the sound of the whistle. Soon enough my efforts are rewarded and with a burst of heat the engine pulls into the station, discharging a sea of humanity.
I search the crowd for that familiar face and find it soon enough. He smiles when he sees me. A hug, a kiss and we are off to whatever adventure awaits. There are days when I can't think of a happier scene, and how mildly amusing it must be for those around us who bother to notice. Just one of those moments you look back on and realize how rare it must be to have them, how fortunate you are to have more than one.
And this weekend he surprised me with flowers, rendering me that rarest of things: Speechless.
It was a turtle moment...funny how life can be so sweet and still manage to throw in a little more.
I search the crowd for that familiar face and find it soon enough. He smiles when he sees me. A hug, a kiss and we are off to whatever adventure awaits. There are days when I can't think of a happier scene, and how mildly amusing it must be for those around us who bother to notice. Just one of those moments you look back on and realize how rare it must be to have them, how fortunate you are to have more than one.
And this weekend he surprised me with flowers, rendering me that rarest of things: Speechless.
It was a turtle moment...funny how life can be so sweet and still manage to throw in a little more.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home