Bear Necessities

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

News and Notes

Work has been in the spot light lately. Last week a reporter from the Times Herald did a story on us and then Monday a feature reporter from Fox News came by with a camera and did a piece on us as well. He'd seen the article in the paper and thought we looked interesting. I managed to not be on camera. It's a skill I am quite proud of.


Life in general has been zipping by, but all good things. There are times I feel like I'm in constant motion, but I can't say I'm bored. The week starts with plans on Monday and Thursday, but by Monday afternoon it has been consumed with plans and the preparation for them. At least I can say my apartment is clean!


Saturday was a much anticipated trip to the Mutter Museum with Frank. The museum is interesting, but was very crowded and I felt like the air was a bit stale. That could explain the 3 trips to the lobby for air and freedom of movement. I'll be the first to admit I don't like crowds, but I'm not clostrophobic and this wasn't nerves. It was the third time when I just sat down in the lower collection that Frank realized I didn't just have a really small bladder (or an intestinal issue). He was great, came up to the lobby with me for a bit then we finished the tour. By that time the crowd had thinned out quite a bit.


But why would you send a man with a 40 lb colon home? Sure, they didn't find signs of cancer, but can you honestly tell me they thought this would clear up? That there was nothing wrong? At the very least give the poor guy an enima and see if you can't clear some of the debris out!


Dinner was at the same little diner we had our first meal in, and the conversation was just as good. All in all it was a good day. The rest of the weekend was running around with Connie and Monie on various shopping missions. Don's request for help buying curtains inspired me to get some for my bedroom that actually matched. Go figure.


Monday was a day where next to nothing was accomplished. Between the reporter and my pounding head I wasn't very productive, but I managed to stick it out until our late arriving messenger showed up. I made up for this with a very productive Tuesday, personally and professionally.


First I managed in 11.5 hours to locate my desk under a mountain of things needing my attention. Then once home I made cookies and cleaned the apartment. Callie even got some play time in the grass before Buttons/Walton arrived. Not too shabby.


Tonight is the walk in-drive in with Frank and finally seeing An Inconvenient Truth. Not the classic date movie, but it will be my first near drive in experience so I'm looking forward to it almost as much as the company.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home