My Lunch With Monty
Not quite "My Dinner with Andre" but a good title none the less.
Friday morning was a brisk walk to the laundromat where I actually got a lot accomplished. I did some writing, finished Island of the Sequined Love Nun and managed to get clothes clean. Not too shabby for a day playing hookie from work. As fortune would have it, Monty was home on leave from Iraq and had time for lunch. And he decided to cook.
My first reservation was, can he cook? My second was, where is he planning on cooking? It turns out he's been channeling the spirit of Julia Childe and is inhabiting his brother's place in Manayunk. All fears assuaged. He made quite the impressive spread as we caught up on life. I have to say, he makes a wonderful tuna steak and I'd have him as a house boy any day. Soon enough we both had other things begging our attention so lunch ended and we returned to the world.
Hopefully it won't be another near 10 years before we manage to do this again...
Friday morning was a brisk walk to the laundromat where I actually got a lot accomplished. I did some writing, finished Island of the Sequined Love Nun and managed to get clothes clean. Not too shabby for a day playing hookie from work. As fortune would have it, Monty was home on leave from Iraq and had time for lunch. And he decided to cook.
My first reservation was, can he cook? My second was, where is he planning on cooking? It turns out he's been channeling the spirit of Julia Childe and is inhabiting his brother's place in Manayunk. All fears assuaged. He made quite the impressive spread as we caught up on life. I have to say, he makes a wonderful tuna steak and I'd have him as a house boy any day. Soon enough we both had other things begging our attention so lunch ended and we returned to the world.
Hopefully it won't be another near 10 years before we manage to do this again...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home