Bricks? Really?
So I'm trying to master cooking tofu. I decided to unleash the power of the internet for handy helpful tips. I learned you can boil it to make the outside tough and leave the inside soft, you can marinate it, and you can even press it to make it firmer. Neat. I'm doing a peanut satay so I though the pressing might be a way to go. Then I read the instructions:
To press a block of tofu, place it between towels and put a heavy weight (such as a cast iron frying pan, concrete paving blocks, or bricks) on top and let it sit for an hour or so.
There is a cast iron pan in my kitchen, but who has paving blocks and bricks? And really, if I did would I want to put them on my food?
The mystery of tofu continues...
To press a block of tofu, place it between towels and put a heavy weight (such as a cast iron frying pan, concrete paving blocks, or bricks) on top and let it sit for an hour or so.
There is a cast iron pan in my kitchen, but who has paving blocks and bricks? And really, if I did would I want to put them on my food?
The mystery of tofu continues...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home